Chapter 47

"Irene, what is going on?"

Josiah had taken aback by Irene's comment, and Alice just stayed quiet as she became pale.

Irene looked at them and looked down.

"I don't know either..." Irene did know some parts but did not know the identity of the man so she wasn't lying.

Should I go straight to the point?

Irene thought about it and looked at Josiah as he waits for some kind of an answer.

Before Irene could even say anything, Alice suddenly spoke.

"Someone started to fire...it's the man! The man killed my parents...I need to kill him," Alice started to mumble, Irene looked at her.

Seems like Alice is going nuts...

Irene watched the girl on the ground as her eyes were wide opened and started to mumble crazy things.

Alice had gone through shit throughout the days.

Her parents die.

The fire was not an accident.

Someone murdered her parents.

Someone is trying to kill her.

Surprise looks like they both want to kill one another.

Josiah looked at the girl with an emotionless expression, turned to Irene.

"Is it true?" he asked.

"Pretty much yeah," Irene watch the girl tremble.

Irene watched the girl with a cold glance, she kneeled meeting Alice's eyes.

Their eyes meet, Irene looked at her with an emotionless glaze, and then smack.

"Huh?!" Alice was taken aback, with a hand in her throbbing cheek.

Josiah watched in an array of shock.

Irene had just slapped Alice in the face, "Calm your shit," Irene said monotone. Alice's eyes had become calmer less expressive and wide.

"Ah ah...yeah yes..." Alice said calming down, Irene sighed and stood up. "I apologize for slapping you," Irene said reaching her hand out.

Alice stared at her hand and took it.

"No...what you did was right," Alice spoke, "I was going crazy, but your strong slap brought me to mind," Alice said with a bright smile.

Josiah whispered to Irene, "Is she calm? She just thanked you for slapping her, was she ever sane?"

Irene chuckled.

Alice is not sane...

"Your welcome?" Irene replied confused.

"Irene, I always depend on you for saving me," Alice spoke as if Irene was somewhat of a goddess.

"She is crazy," Josiah said quietly beside Irene, which she agreed with.

"Your Royal Highness, Crown Prince!"

"Crown Prince!"

Irene heard calls for Josiah, "I think it's time for us to go," Irene said pointing towards the royal servants.

Josiah nodded, "Count's and Countess's death was not an accident," he said to himself thinking, Irene opened her mouth to say something.

"It's better to keep it a secret rather than reveal it," Josiah said before her.