55

There's nothing in this world
That can't be fixed.
But some things
When broken,
Stay broken forever.

__

TJ was just done speaking to the police officer for the third time that day when he saw Abike rush into the emergency room. He'd never been so confused like he was at the moment.

Quickly, he excused himself as he tracked the very disoriented girl.

"Aby?" He called, getting her attention. And immediately she saw him, she visibly relaxed.

"Hey," TJ said warily. "I thought El said you went to your hometown?"

"How's he? Is Elo okay? I know Mum and Dad said he was okay but I couldn't help it. I just... Is he really okay?"

TJ could have laughed at the worried look on her face if only he could afford to. And there was the figure behind her making a crazy face.

He sighed. "If only you knew what he is doing this moment, you won't be stressing yourself out this much."

The twin stopped panting just as she felt movements behind her. When she turned, Elo was there, wearing an infuriatingly wide smile that earned him a beating.

"Awwn," the shorter boy cooed, dodging his twins assault. "Did you take the quickest flight to get to me?'

Shaking his head in disbelief, TJ let them be.

It was crazy how the two acted like they didn't care about each other, but could take the next available flight to the other in the face of danger, just as Abike had done.

It's been two days. Two days since the living nightmare he'd experienced and alot had happened.

First, he had his maternal grandfather, the same man he didn't want to ever meet again, coming to his aid. He didn't know what would have happened if his grandfather didn't show up, since the police never arrived. He didn't know what would have happened to Chimdi.

His heart broke at the mere thought of losing her. He didn't even want to get started on all that she had to endure. All that her Mother had said.

He tried to get rid of such thought, just as his cellphone rang. Looking at the ID, it revealed his father's number.

"Hey Dad." He answered expectantly. Since the incident, his father had been calling him at intervals, just to make up for not being around.

He heard shuffling in the background. "Hey bud, how are you holding up?"

He nodded, glad he got to talk to his father in times like this, even if he wasn't physically present.

"I'm good Dad," his eyes caught sight of the wall clock that hung at a part of the hospital's reception. His eyes widening at the realization. "Aren't you meant to be sleeping now?"

Tasie let out an easy sigh. "While my son is all awake on his own?"

"Dad," the boy stressed. "I'm okay. And besides, grandpa is here."

His father hummed. "Have you spoken to him yet."

TJ shook his head. "Not really. I'm just trying to solve one thing at a time."

"Chimdi still not awake?" Tasie inquired further and TJ felt that sinking feeling in his heart again.

"No. But the doctor said she will soon." He let out a shaky breath, trying to calm himself. "She's gone through a lot. I just wish..."

"TJ, Son she'll be okay alright?" Tasie assured. He'd heard his son's voice, heard the vulnerability in them and that broke his heart to bits. "She's mentally exerted and needs all the resting she can get. That's the body's way of healing without any interruption. So brighten up okay, everything is going to be okay."