Chapter 27

Right after driving Suki to school, Kenma headed to a café near his apartment complex when he and the man agreed to meet. When Kenma got there, the man was already waiting and when he saw Kenma he stood up.

"Aren't you punctual," Kenma said, sitting down. "Mr. Aihara."

The man chuckled, taking a seat as well. Now that Kenma was able to observe the man, he realized he must have been seven to ten years older than Kenma. Aihara Mori, judging by his personality, he seems to know when he should be carefree and when he should be professional.

"So, you work in Real Estate abroad, Mr. Aihara," Kenma started, taking out the business card he gave him yesterday. "I do stock trading and owns a Private Limited Company, but I haven't really dabbled in Real Estates. I heard there's quite a lot of money there."

"Mr. Kozume, I didn't ask you to meet me to talk about businesses."

"Then you shouldn't have given me your business card and gave me your home telephone number instead." Kenma put the business card on the table and the man looked at it for a second.

"I don't know if you're trying to boast about the fact that you work at a well-known Real Estate in the US or you don't want to give your personal telephone number because you're afraid someone else might pick up my call."

"No, I don't intend to boast about my work," he said, looking back at Kenma. "I just happen to have my business card with me that time."

"So it's the latter?" Kenma asked before he adjusted on his seat and leaned forward. "Can I ask you something, Mr. Aihara?"

"Sure,"

"Do you have a wife?"

Kenma's question was straight to the point, the man didn't seem to waver at all either. He look at Kenma before he answered. "Yes,"

"Are you happy with your family?"

"Yes,"

"Then," Kenma started, leaning back before he prepared to stand up. "I think we should cut this meeting short and move on with our own personal lives."

Kenma had already stood up, and he was about to leave when the man called him.

No, it wasn't Kenma's name he called.

"Kozume...Kana, I just want to know how she was."

"Why?" Kenma asked, by the passing seconds he find it hard to maintain a neutral expression. "Why do you want to know how she was? Did something happen between you two?"