9

"Y/N, honey, when you were a baby, I found you in a box by the trash at a store. All by yourself. I know it's a tough thing to say, but.."

Before Charlie could even finish that statement, Y/N bursted into tears, covering her eyes and beginning to cry.

Immediately all three men got out of their chairs, rushing over to comfort the kid. Y/N hiccuped in between sobs, looking up at all three of her dads. "D-Does that mean n-nobody wanted me..?"

"What?? Kid, of course not.." Schlatt said softly, carefully patting Y/N's back. "Your parents were just dumbasses who couldn't properly take care of a kid. Luckily for you, we found you! Hell, I'd say you've got the best family out there!"

Sniffling, Y/N looked up, rubbing the tears from her eyes. "D-Do you mean that, pops?.."

Schlatt chuckled, taking his hand and ruffling Y/N's hair. "Of course I do, kiddo. You're happy, right?"

Y/N gave a small nod, sniffling a bit.

"Then that's all that matters, kid. We're a regular family as long as we're taking good care of you." Schlatt chuckled. "Those girls are probably just jealous because they don't have cool parents like us."

Giggling, Y/N wiped her tears and smiled. "Yeah, you guys are pretty cool.."

Ted smiled and grabbed little Y/N, lifting her up into his arms. "Now, tell us, who's your favorite?!"

Squealing and giggling, Y/N kicked her legs. "No!!"

"Come on! We know you have a favorite!" Ted teased, laughing a bit as he tickled Y/N.

All Y/N did was kick and giggle, flailing her arms around and trying to get away. "Nooo!!!"

Sitting the little one down, Ted chuckled. "Fine, fine. But I'll get that answer from you some day."

"Never!" Y/N giggled, kicking her legs a bit.

Charlie couldn't help but smile, leaning down and giving Y/N a gentle kiss on her head. "Just remember honey, we all love and care about you, okay? Don't let some bullies at school make you think otherwise."

Smiling, Y/N grabbed her slice of pizza and took a bite. "Okay, Dad.." She giggled. "I can always try again.. maybe I can make some good friends tomorrow at school!"

"That's the spirit, kid!" Schlatt chuckled, before sitting back down in his seat. "See, kid? It'll all be okay."