Barbeque Chicken |7|

(Check chapter number)

When Y/n got home after work the next morning, feeling extra exhausted the girl found Joss passed out on the couch. The house was a total mess; cans littered the end table next to the now stained grey sofa and like before, all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen were open revealing nothing inside. All the contents that may have been usuable in some kind of meal were now scattered the floor. Pasta and saran wrap as well as other useless things. Broken glasses plates were a hazard as the girl walked from the door to the stairs near there.

Not my problem. Joss did that herself. She has to deal with it.

Taking the stairs three at a time, the girl grabbed a coat from her room because it was colder that day as well as a granola bar she knew she had stashed in her pants drawer. Y/n changed into a pair of camo cargo pants with nearly ten pockets and a black sabbath t-shirt over a longlseeve. Y/n was chilled from staying in a cold store for nearly half a day. It was true she had a shift that lasted over thirteen hours but she took what she could to get money. Even if it was only getting paid ten and a half bucks an hour.

Pulling a brush regretfully through her hair, it ended up turning out to be a bad decision. Making her hair frizzy and fried looking.

Then, making a new decision, the girl started a French braid as she hopped around trying to get into her grippy boots. They were good for running if she needed to and they looked fabulous. Which was more important than running from cops.

Like she would need to...

Once her French braid was completed, the girl remembered that she had a test that day. Grabbing her chemistry textbook and spreading it out on the bed, Y/n began to read the words, going over the things she'd learned as well as rummaging in her closet for a knife, just in case.

She would be prepared if any robbers arrived at work that night.

Stuffing the weapon in her pocket as well as a pencil, the girl grabbed her black backpack from the floor, spilling out a whole plethora of books onto the hardwood floor from the unnoticed open zipper.

The girl froze and immediatly closed the door to her room, locking it as well. So far, no angry sounds were heard from a woken up Joss but silence after a crash seemed to be the worst kind of sound.

She scrambled to pick up all the scrap pieces of paper Tony had written on that she had thrust in her bag. Randomly throwing it all in, not caring to organize, Y/n threw the pack over her shoulder and went for the door to her room.

The girl had been wrong about Joss being still asleep. The woman had then stomped up the stairs, cussing at the girl. Joss pounded on her door.

"Open the damn door, you ungrateful brat!" More pounding, with each slam, Y/n's heart began to beat faster. "Open the damn door or I will!" She screeched.

Maybe if she pretended not to be there...no that wouldn't work. Joss already knew.

"Clean the house!" Y/n hollered back. "I don't want things to be like this!" Her eyes felt sad with tears but she never cried. Joss didn't deserve Y/n's tears.

"You should have thought about that before you did what you did!"

"What? Forgot the damn groceries? Get over yourself, Joss!" The girl half scoffed half hollered.

She threw a book at the door and silently scrambled to the window. Y/n would have to jump a whole level but it be fine. Only twelve feet. It was easy, and she had trained for that in breakfalls before so she was good.

The teen slowly pulled open the window while Joss continued to scream. Y/n hoped the neighbors wouldn't here or thought it was a T.V. show or something. Climbing through and clinging to the window sill, Y/n closed the windows using her sweaty fingers to suction it down without the handle that was on the inside.