Thirty- five | Little Lady...

"Are we there yet?" 

Dawn had finally broken along the horizon, and both women sat in quiet agitation. They had been driving for hours with very few vehicles in sight. Visena had to assume Yrsa was taking every back route she possibly could to get to her destination.

"Are we there yet?"

Cold hard metal pressed against Visena's temple. "Shut up," Yrsa growled, her hands quivering slightly.

Visena rolled her eyes. It was the fourth time the Alderman had used the threat. She was bluffing.

"I'm hungry."

"I don't care. And if you don't stop talking, I'll cut out your tongue."

The car ride was quiet while Visena stared out the window. Her head bumped against the glass as Yrsa managed to hit every pothole. Every single one.

The landscape didn't look familiar to Visena at all. The grassy hills rolled far beyond the horizon, meeting the orange-hued sky with a gentle caress.

A low hum drew Visena's attention to the rearview mirror, where she saw a lone motorcycle appear a few hundred metres behind them. Yrsa noticed too. The Mercedes' engine revved as they picked up speed.

"Fuck."

"What? Why are you speeding up? It's just a motorbike."

Yrsa stayed quiet, and Visena let herself hope. Could it be her salvation?

The motorcycle had no issue catching up despite the Mercedes driving at maximum speed. Visena's heart seemed to travel into her throat. Then, the car suddenly swerved under Yrsa's shaking hands, and the cyclist pulled back.

"Watch out! You can't just kill random people on the road!"

"This is the last time I'm telling you, bitch...." The motorcyclist tried to overtake them again. "Shut up!"

Yrsa swerved hard towards the bike, but Visena gripped the wheel and forced her back. The car lost control on the loose gravel road, and Yrsa grunted under the strain. The brief gap in concentration allowed the bike to pass. 

Visena tried to see who was underneath the helmet, but there was nothing. No remarkable features. The cyclist was clad in a full leather suit and thigh-high boots. They nodded at Visena before speeding past, leaving her confused.

"What?" she whispered. Her attention quickly drew back to the swerving Mercedes. A vein throbbed in Yrsa's forehead. Things were not going to plan, and Visena was lapping it up. She wondered if she would die if the car rolled a few times. The thought was interrupted by the loud pop of the front tyres bursting. 

Yrsa shrieked as the car pulled hard right towards a deep embankment. Visena, however, was overcome by giggles. Her companion braked hard, and the vehicle spun dizzyingly fast. "Woohoo!" Visena screamed with delight. 

Maybe this would be the end, but it sure was fun. It had to have only lasted a minute, but Yrsa looked greener than the hills. When the car abruptly stopped, her head flew out of the door to vomit.

The leather-clad biker opened Visena's door, and she beamed up at them. "Who are you?"

The person pulled off their helmet, and Visena gasped. "Thana?" Visena clambered out and grasped the Vampires hand. She smiled briefly until a bullet ripped through her abdomen, and she fell back. Fingers ripped from the Fae's grasp. "Thana!" Visena rounded on Yrsa. "Stop! Don't hurt her."

Yrsa shoved Visena back and unloaded the whole clip into Thana's torso. Blood spilt past her lips as she smiled up at the Fae. "It... okay," she tried to speak through the bubbling fluid.