Chp.11 | Things Just Got Awkward

"Gh!" He covered his mouth, running to the bathroom stalls. All Venti could do was stand there. He'd never expected Xiao to—yell back at him like that.

The guy was always just quiet, like he was in his own world. Did Xiao really view everything like that..or was he just lying?

There's no way..the Xiao, whom Venti had hated for months, wasn't actually who Venti thought he was?

-

Xiao cried in front of him. That's the last person he'd expect to see cry in front of him—let alone from him.

Venti hadn't made anyone cry except when he was in elementary school, and ended up sticking a piece of gum in a girls hair.

Even after joining in on making fun of people sometimes in middle school, he'd only join in a bit. He didn't want to get left out. He didn't want to be labeled a freak.

But, if what he said to Xiao gets out, he will definitely be labeled a freak. Maybe even worse. What if people start to hate him?

His social life would be ruined in a mere matter of seconds—Venti couldn't let that happen!

Venti was all too self absorbed. The very thing he hated in people—he was too focused on it, he hadn't even realized he was making the same mistake.

He claimed it 'wasn't his business' because he didn't want to be caught up in others problems. Even if it meant saving them.

Those people, were the most selfish of all.

Venti ran to class. He knew he'd get yelled at, but he didn't care.

-

And, he was right. As soon as his shop Ken up face stepped foot into that classroom, the teacher began to speak,"Where have you been, Venti?!"

Who am I kidding? More like yell.

Venti didn't respond though. You'd think everyone would have to respond to the teachers. Even the students that acted up.

The only ones who didn't—were delinquents. Venti didn't want to be grouped of with them, or course. But he didn't care at this point. He had a lot to think about—even if that meant he couldn't hear half of the things people were saying to him.

So, he simply sat down. He was honestly surprised the teacher didn't tell him to just get out of her classroom right then and there.

Instead, she had a worried look display on her face for a quick second, before saying,"Don't let it happen again." and without another word, she continued her lesson.

Now, Venti had to get this straight. Why did Xiao do that? Why did Xiao yell back at him? Was Venti's thoughts on Xiao wrong all along? He wasn't sure to be honest.

No matter how many things Venti knew, he was never knowledgeable to understand another guys feelings.

I mean—he hasn't cried since the 3rd grade. And Xiao just cried over some words—maybe he was just really sick..?

As much as Venti tried to doubt it, there was no denying. Venti had hurt Xiao pretty badly. Not physically, but emotionally.

He hated feeling guilty, especially when it was over someone he hated. Or—used to hate? He wasn't sure anymore.

He'd spent so long hating this guy, he had never expected him to be like this.

What does he do now? He didn't know the answer to that question, either.

Then again, what if Xiao started telling people?

Then, there's only one way to ease this feeling of guilt, and for the easy life of his social status. He needed to apologize and make it up to Xiao.

So, that's exactly what he'll do.

-

Venti felt like the school day went on forever. Surprisingly, Xiao didn't call home. Even after throwing up? Venti only ignored it, though.

Instead, Xiao was like normal. Quiet, lost in thoughts, and most definitely not paying attention to the lessons.

He had to talk to Xiao somehow—. Especially since he was right across the room from him.

He need to act like his b̶̻̗͖͉͙̦̜̀̈́̄̈̿̆͝o̷̥̟̙̳͖̒̊̂͌̕y̶̢̼͎͚̖̩̿̉̂́̓̃̄̐friend again to resolve all of this conflict.

He was sure Xiao would just get mad and leave, though. He didn't want to be embarrassed in front of anyone, he can tell you that for sure.

Getting 'rejected' by the most popular guy in school—would ruin his social status by itself.

He swiftly got out of phone.

-

VENTI: Xiao, we need to talk

He sighed. Maybe this wasn't good enough? He'd asked to talk over texts.

Eh? Calm down, Venti. It's not like a couple breaking up over texts.

Xiao: Ok.

VENTI: Walk home together with me

-

He slipped his phone back into his pocket. He could feel eyes on him for a second, he didn't have to think twice to know it was Xiao.

He almost felt bad doing this. Just trying to not feel guilty—and not wanting anyone else to hate him.

It almost seemed like—he was the narcissist—

No. That wasn't true. At least, that's what Venti kept telling himself. He hated that, so why would he be one himself? He cares for people, no matter of its a pretty girl or not.

Ok, well, maybe the person being a pretty girl did have a little bit to do with it-

That's not the point, though! Venti cared a lot about people. Proof was—that girl today! Sure, it was a cute girl..but that's not why he defend her...by punching a guy who was already hurt...

Venti is a terrible person.

WORD COUNT ; 925

A/N ; short chapter? A little bit. Boring chapter? A little bit. Am I still posting it? Hell yes.