Vol. 1 Chapter 10: Decision

At the inn

After accomplishing our errands in the mercenary guild, we are currently in the inn together with the gang of archbishop, Lynnette and her uncle. To end the issue about Lynette being a hero candidate, we immediately cut the chase and told the truth which froze the side of two normal villagers.

Seems hero is an object of admiration on the countryside villagers. They are quite surprised, most specially Lynette, being called as a candidate is kinda a far fetch dream on her.

"That's why I'm asking Lynette if she wanted to take the test if she is indeed a hero candidate." (Liam)

I'm currently troubled on how to explain it but Lynette is some sort of tomboy so she might happily accept it. Meanwhile, the archbishop side are silent.

"Uhmm... T-They might have the wrong person to find, I don't think I am the hero they seek, Liam." (Lynette)

While scared, Lynette said so. Uh well, I'm pretty confused either way, so I divert my gaze to the old timer.

"There's one convenient way to proved immediately if you are a hero or not, don't worry it won't last for a minute." (Archbishop)

Archbishop carefully said those words on Lynette.

"So Lynette? Do you want to test it out? It will end immediately as the archbishop said." (Liam)

Lynette responded with a nod, welp let's end this thing real quick.

"Okay, Mr. Elias. May I ask your permission to carry your niece to a certain location far from here? Don't worry you have mister Liam to protect the kid if something happens." (Archbishop)

Saying so, the archbishop ask for permission to the uncle of Lynette which he promptly said alright, I'm not really familiar with the uncle of Lynette, he seems scared on me or intentionally avoiding me.

"Hmm... let's go then." (Archbishop)

At the end of words of Marzim, the familiar sight of darkness engulfed my vision then light returned to life.

"This location is secretive, so I can't say where we are right now." (Archbishop)

He said it was secretive but I already mapped almost all of the Ver'z, and I have dozens of satellites on orbit, after I send all of them via mass driver, a day after being authorized by Noel that I could now put objects in space, I didn't expect to have rapid capability of sending satellites on orbit.

"I see.... It's located in the middle of the country huh..." (Liam)

"You are really a piece of work." (Archbishop)

He was surprised on by shitty mutter.

"Thanks for the compliment." (Liam)

"Your absurdity have no bounds huh... Whatever, Lady Lynette please lift any of these swords." (Archbishop)

Marzim, began to talk to Lynette, he points dozens of swords stabbed on the ground some are great swords, claymore, broad swords, katana, chinese sword, even some looked like kriss or kukri, not to mention, there's also non-sword type like spears, bows and shields but well... I don't know why he only Letting Lynette grab some sword.

Lynette looked on me as if asking if it is alright which I simply responded with a nod. After she looked assured by my half baked response, she began scrutinizing the row of swords. After having thoughts on what swords she wanted to take. She pulled a one bladed sword, it looked like a long katana, about 0.95 meters in length? It's quite a disproportionate with the high of Lynette standing at 1.21 meters tall, it's weird to looked as if she will going to collapse due to awkward length of the sword but I think when she grows up, it should be alright.