xiv. chosen last

CHAPTER FOURTEEN·

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND turned out to be a bust so Reece was excited to be back at rehearsals, even if that meant performing her song. But as luck would have it her weekend wasn't the only thing that crashed and burned.

"Fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets." Reece heard the firefighter say to Ms. Jenn as she walked in.

"What happened?" She whispers to the closest person to her, which was EJ.

"Fire over the break." He replied, "How was thanksgiving with your dad by the way? I never got to ask."

Reece rolled her eyes and sighed, "Let's just say the auditorium wasn't the only thing that crashed and burned."

He nodded and watched as she made her way towards Ricky who seemed to be more interested in his phone then Ms. Jenn's instructions to reconvene in the cafeteria after school. "Nini and Ricky, spread the word."

"Got it, yes, of course," Nini replied.

"Ricky?" The teacher tried getting his attention.

Reece nudged him and gestured her head towards the drama teacher. "Sorry, after school in the cafeteria, got it."

♪♫ ♫♪

Reece sat next to Ricky in the cafeteria as everyone else comforted each other. "Hey, have you heard from Gina?"

He shook his head, "She hasn't been responding to any of my texts."

"Me neither. I wish there was something we could do." Ricky rubbed her shoulder comfortingly. Which didn't go unnoticed but their exes. Who (unknowingly) glared at the two.

"Okay, guys! Wait, where's Gina?" Ms. Jenn asked.

"I think she's going through a family thing right now," Ashlyn answered.

"Okay, prayers to our Gina. I'm really not sure what to say. You've all worked so hard. I've seen all of you grow so much. But if we don't have a theatre, we don't have a show." She revealed.

"Come on, Miss Jenn we've got to do something," Carlos spoke up.

"I don't know, I guess we could consider other venues?" She proposed as everyone began to throw suggestions at her. Until Carlos came up with the most reasonable one.