chapter 21

Charles' POV:
I woke up with my arms wrapped around Alex. She was still sleeping. Normally she would wake up first but apparently not today. I didn't want to wake her so I just closed my eyes and enjoyed her presence. I still couldn't believe yesterday. She was now my girlfriend, finally. How we asked each other at the same time as well. It was just perfect.

-What are you smiling about? Alex whispered while turning around to see me better.

-Oh, just you. I thought you were sleeping? I asked her.

-No, I woke up earlier. Didn't want to wake you though so I just closed my eyes to think, she said.

-About what?

-Oh, just you. she said while smiling.

-Oh really? I laughed at her.

We laid in bed for a while before I got up to make some breakfast. Alex joined me in the kitchen to help. We then ate on the balcony while looking at the view. Well, she was my view.

I had convinced her to go on a drive with me. We drove past some places from my childhood and then some other sights. We felt the breeze in our faces as the hot sun was shining on us. It was nice. She seemed happy.

When we got back home the heat was unbearable. We got changed into bath suits and hurried down to the beach. The water was cold and refreshing. We ate some lunch there as well. If you could call it that. Fruit and fries. I'm glad my trainer wasn't there to see it.

The afternoon went by and we had gotten back to my apartment. I sat on the sofa as I heard a knock on the door. Before I could open it someone stepped inside.

-Salut Charles! my brother said.
(Hi Charles!)

-Arthur qu'est-ce tu fait ici? I asked him
(Arthur what are you doing here?)

-Je voulais...oh hi again. he said while Alex stepped in from the bedroom.
(I wanted...)

-Hi Arthur! she said with a smile on her face.

We invited him in since he needed my help with a few things. Later we sat down on the sofa together the all three of us.

-Oh, by the way I don't know if you have seen it but there are more photos of you guys. he said scratching the back of his head.

-What? Where? I said in a almost high pitched voice.

-I don't know, but it's you in Jeddah somewhere. he said.

I looked over to Alex, she was staring at the floor.

-Do you have them? I asked him.

-Yeah, somewhere maybe. I can send them to you later, he said as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

Arthur left a little bit later. I hadn't had the chance to talk to Alex for real when he was here. She had been quiet since Arthur brought it up. Not completely silence but quiet. She hadn't said much. As I walked to speak to her a notification came up on my phone. It was Arthur. He had sent me a message with the photos from Jeddah.

There was three of them. All from the same day at the same time. Alex and I were walking down a street. She wore black clothes, I wore black clothes and it was almost dark outside. How did they notice us?

-Is that the photos? I heard a voice say behind me.

-Yes it is. I answered.

She put her arms around me as I showed her the photos. I was wondering what went through her head. For me the paparazzi are normal but for her it was all brand new. I didn't say anything about it and just held her tight.

Earlier we were planning to go out to dinner tonight but since it wasn't really the best time we stayed home. I had gotten us take out from a restaurant nearby. We had set the table with flowers and wine. It was almost like a romantic date, well it was. She was in a better mood now. I think she had gotten some time to process the photos or she's just hungry. Could be either. The food was delicious. We ate it pretty fast as it was late. We sat at the table long after to talk. Dinner conversations with Alex could last forever and I loved it. We always had a lot to talk about.

-You know they have already written a lot of articles on us, she said out of nowhere.

She wanted to talk about it, good.

-Yeah. They are pretty fast with that, I said.

-They don't seem to know who I am yet though. So that's good.

-Yeah, I guess. But at some point they will, just so you know. I said wanting to open up the conversation.

She looked down at the table now.

-But we can try to make them not to, I said trying to get her to talk.

-Yeah, but we can't hide forever. she said.

-I know, I'm ready when you're ready. But no pressure it's all good as it is now.

-I know. I just, she started to say. I don't know if I'm ready yet.

-Like I said it's fine. You don't have to be ready yet., I said as I put my hand on hers.

-It's just a lot. I've never done this before and I don't know if I can.

My heart skipped a beat. She doesn't know if she can? I stayed quiet breaking eye contact.

-No, I mean I want to be with you it's just a lot. she continued to say.

I looked back at her. Finding her eyes.

-I get it. It's fine, I said not wanting to say anything that would upset her more.

I went over to give her a hug. I wiped the tears that had started to roll down her face. We helped each other with the dishes and watched some tv. Then we got ready for bed.

I laid in the bed with my arms wrapped around Alex. I wonder if she was ever going to be ready. I want to be with her so badly but the media will find out more about us soon. Fuck the media. They are always in the way for me. Especially with relationships. How come they always ruin stuff for me. I need to make up some sort of plan. Why hadn't the media people from Ferrari called me yet? I guess they're done with helping me, they can't hide anything anymore.

But firstly i need to make sure Alex is okay. I know this is tough on her but I need to make her ready if it all leaks. But now I need to sleep so I could spend another day with her. That's what's most important.

———