4

━☽【❖】☾━

"...Hey."

Belphegor's voice echoed through the empty field. The starry night sky's view remained, yet it was somehow different without your presence.

There was one thing Belphegor concluded the moment he stepped back inside the dream his mind had provided.

It's that when he was awake, he could barely remember everything from his dreams. It was the complete opposite when he was asleep, of course. He could remember everything clearly.

"..."

A soft breeze blew by, ruffling his hair lightly. Belphegor sighed.

"You can come out now."

"..."

The 'air' that just went by didn't feel cold, nor warm. He felt it, yet he didn't at the same time.

His words traveled through the air, though the recipient didn't seem to respond.

"...Are you still even here?"

"..."

"...Are you hiding from me?"

"..."

Belphegor sighed, recalling the previous interaction. It took a few seconds of contemplation before he swallowed his pride and pronounced,

"I am a sad and lonely man, and I am in desperate need of your company."

"I feel appreciated, Love~"

Belphegor suppressed a gasp and jolted at the sound of your voice looming right behind his ear. He jumped back and pivoted his body to face you.

You were levitating, gazing at him in mockery with a hint of mischief. Belphegor frowned, eyes narrowed. "Never refer to me with that."

"Aww... You're making me regret coming to see you at all." You feigned sadness. Belphegor rolled his eyes.

"Whatever..."

...

You looked around. "...This place is a little dark."