chapter five: aftermath

Hiccup p.o.v

I kept swimming but I just couldn't keep up and Dryden just kept sinking down and down and I felt hopeless, but that's when I felt something enter the water near me I turned to look up and I was surprised to see toothless swimming down "hhhhmmmm" I celebrated as I climbed onto his back.

I then pointed down towards Dryden and he understood what I was telling him so toothless swam down faster and deeper than I could ever and he was able to catch up and grab hold of him once toothless had him I clicked my peg leg into the saddle and used the device to extend toothless's tail wing and now toothless began to fly by upwards.

When we broke the surface of the water we found the battle that was ongoing when we dived in was now over, the ship we were on was sinking and the other ships were retreating "get us to the island bud" I asked him and toothless looked over to a nearby beach I was slightly surprised to find everyone was here.

When we landed toothless put Dryden down slowly and I hopped off toothless and I was instantly hugged by Astrid "I'm so happy your alive" Astrid said squeezing me hard "Astrid ... Not now ... I need to check ... On ... Dryden" I was gasping for air as she hugged me tighter, she finally let me go, I kneeled to Dryden and I started to examine the wound on the head.

From the looks of it the wound is bad he was bleeding from the forehead and he was covered in blood, I looked around and I started to panic "we need to go ... Go back to berk they can help him" I stated Astrid looked worried and so did everyone else well except snotlout who was complaining about how he didn't get to fight but after he calmed down we got onto our dragons and we flew away toothless kept hold of Dryden.

Narrator p.o.v

While the dragon riders took Dryden to berk angel had finally come back to her sense's and she broke out of the flag ship and flew to the near by island, when she landed she took a moment before noticing she couldn't find her precious Dryden anywhere she then looked to bluey for help and bluey lifted her claw to point at the fleeing dragon riders.

Angel knew they weren't going to harm her son but she wasn't letting go this easily and so she took off leaving the defence of the island up to bluey who accepted her position happily.

Hiccup p.o.v

My heart kept sinking when I realized how far we was from berk "hey hiccup ... I think we may be tailed" ruff nut shouted, I looked back and found this wasn't a false alarm we was been followed ... By angel drydens dragon "don't worry she's probably following us because Dryden is her dragon rider" I answered as we continued on our journey to berk.

*1 hour later*

I was shocked I expected angel to attempt to stop us but instead she just flew close to me and toothless and growled at any of my friends who got too close to us, I knew it's her been protective over Dryden but that's a nice feeling to know that Dryden has had someone that cares about him.

When we made it to Berk I didn't stop for anyone even when they were having dragon problems I needed to get to the healer, it looked bad as Drydens whole fore head was red now and his skin which was already pale now looked like snow, luckily I helped her this morning with her terrible terrors so I carried Dryden up to her hut which was annoying because she lived on a platform that had some steep stairs "gothi ... I really need your help please" I said as i finally made it onto her platform.

She's a kind old lady very short with gray hair she doesn't speak and always holds a staff, she is the crazy terrible terrors lady but she is the herbal healer she uses the spit of the dragons mixed with herbs to create different healing products that are used to help so I'm betting she can help drydens cut.

Gothi looked at me and saw Dryden her eyes widen then she rushed into her hut and pulled out some blankets and leafs, she then made a make shift bed I placed Dryden on the bed as she rushed around her home, she handed me a wet warm rag and pointed...

Gothi looked at me and saw Dryden her eyes widen then she rushed into her hut and pulled out some blankets and leafs, she then made a make shift bed I placed Dryden on the bed as she rushed around her home, she handed me a wet warm rag and pointed at his forehead clearly telling me to wash the blood so I went to clean it up but that's when things got difficult as angel landed on the platform "woh Woh ... We are just trying to help" I said but gothi wasn't phased instead she boldly walked up to angel and smacked her nose.

Angel was confused then she was mad but then she just gave up and sat down "ok ... Now I'm going to clean the wound" I stated in a calm voice, I placed the white rag onto his fore head and wiped it causing the rag to go a deep red colour, meanwhile I could hear gothi walking around picking up bottles and pouring them into a pestle with a mortar.

She came along and then walked up to angel with a leaf, gothi started to open her mouth wide which caused angel to copy then gothi quickly swiped some saliva from angel before she could close her mouth "is that something needed?" I asked as gothi messed with angels spit which was sticky and was also hardening just like toothless's spit.

Gothi shook her head as an answer to my question so she was just testing angels spit, I gave the old lady a weird look before she started to work on the pestle mashing the herbs with different dragons spit until there was a weird green paste she took a scoop of the herbal concoction and placed it on the cut location on the fore head.

"Will he be ok?" I asked gothi nodded slowly before she started to shoo me away, I lifted Dryden up and walked back down angel followed me through berk growling at anyone who got close to us untill we made it to my hut "now angel you can't come in" I stated she looked at me with a 'really?' look spread across her face 'moans in annoyance' angel didn't like the idea and tried to barge past me but I didn't let her.

"I'm not moving till you back up ... He needs time to heal and has to stay here for now" I ordered angel huffed then rolled her eyes before walking to a small patch of grass, she started to breath fire on the grass before sitting on the hot patch.

I was happy she listened and so I turned around to enter my hut and who's standing there but my father "who is this stranger? And what is he doing here?" He asked his deep voice sent shivers down my spine "Its ...err... It's Dryden ...that friend I had as a kid ... The one you said was killed" stoick was shocked.

"So while I put dryden into my bed you can try and make a new story or tell me the truth" I said barging past him and heading up the stairs I placed dryden down onto my bed and put the covers over him, something deep down felt weird I was having this feeling ... My heart rate was increasing and I felt myself admiring the features of his face.

I must have been looking at Dryden for a while because instead of me going to confront my father it was him who came to me, "I have decided the truth is the best think for ya now son" my father said as he dragged over a chair to sit next to me, "so ... As you know ... They didn't die ... What actually happened was ... I had gotten into an argument with his clan, they wanted me to move everyone off this island to find a peaceful place but I refused so they ... They left taking Dryden" he explained and now it all made sense.

It was starting to get dark and so while my father headed down I placed some blankets and a pillow down so that I had a place to sleep I took off my armour placing them next to my bed "night ... Dryden get better soon" I said hoping he doesn't die.