9

━☽【❖】☾━

"How are things in the outside world?"

You questioned idly as you fidgeted with the strings of a lyre. Belphegor hummed.

"Well, I'm trapped in an attic, first of all. How would I know?"

"...I meant for you. Not the entirety of the Devildom or something."

"Ohhh..." Belphegor spoke idiotically. "Well, I'm still in the attic. And I heard Lucifer's gotten into a situation and he won't be visiting me for a bit."

"And?"

"...And I'm getting closer to getting out of this place. That's what." Belphegor surmised somewhat proudly. A strange noise was emitted as you hit a string out of tune. You paused.

"...Ya sure you're ready to face the outside world again?" You joked. Belphegor rolled his eyes playfully. "Why the hell wouldn't I be?"

"Don't go into a murdering spree if you're out." You sarcastically advised.

"...I'm a demon, dumbass."

"Uh huh." You didn't seem to heed his words deeper. "Anyway, notice anything different?"

Belphegor blinked owlishly at your question. He then began to look around before directing his gaze at you. You maintained your silence despite the unnerving stare he gave.

"...That you're beginning to get even more transparent?"

"...What?" You felt your breath hitch. His words processed in your mind slowly.

Only when it dawned onto you, a look of alarm crossed your expression before you immediately tried to compose yourself to the best of your abilities.

"O-oh...transparent? Maybe you're just seeing it wrong because the place is so bright."

"...No, I'm definitely sure you're beginning to-"

"I was referring to the surroundings." You interrupted with a sigh. "I worked up the ability to try and create a scenery without using your memories as a reference, but you didn't even notice..."

"...Oh." Belphegor took in his surroundings.