Chapter 6

The next week is Hell, I send out my resumè hoping to get a job in the same position I'd been doing with no luck.
Deciding to apply for secetary jobs as a last resort, I searched around online too.

My brother Marcus, hasn't visited since he dropped me off from the hospital -not that I expected him to, and my best friend Alexa gets back from holiday later, she'd already rang me, and I'd reluctantly agreed to go out drinking tonight. It's not like I have work to worry about now. And I wasn't taking pain pills for my head any longer either.

I have some savings that I'd put away for a rainy day that I could dip into if I needed to, and I had inheritance money that I hadn't spent yet, so I wasn't short for money. I just hated not doing anything.

Margaret and John had both rang me, and left voicemails and emails, trying to get in touch since Alexander's visit, and I'd been too hurt to reply.
They both knew how much this job meant to me, and still didn't stop Alexander.

Getting ready for tonight, I shower and once out, I wrap a towel tightly around myself while I search my huge closet for an outfit.

Finding a purple and white dress at the back that I'd never worn, I slip it on along with some black heels. Straightening my long blonde hair perfectly, I applied a small amount of makeup, adding eyeliner around my blue eyes hoping to make them pop out.
Grabbing a small clutch bag, and adding some cash, my I.d, and a few other things, I set off to meet Alexa at the club. I wasn't planning on getting too drunk, but I'd leave my car parked at the club, and take a cab home later.

I saw Alexa immediately as I parked the car, she was stood by the entrance chatting to the bouncer. She was wearing a figure hugging red dress with matching shoes. Being a fiesty red head, and skinny, she always had loads of admirers, I always felt like plane Jane around her, but didn't mind much.
Getting out and walking over, she sees me, and her mouth open comically.

"Gosh Arianna, you look amazing, you never dress this way, why the sudden change?" She demands curiously.

"Felt like a change," I tell her shrugging  "Do you like it?" I ask her and do a quick spin.

"If I wasn't straight babe, I'd so tap that," she replies straight faced causing me to gape at her.

"Alexa!" I say blushing brightly now.

She shrugs and grabs my hand, pulling me along the line towards the bouncer she'd been talking to. He smirks at us both, and winks at me as we pass, quickly letting us in.

Once inside I relax, it's amazing in here. Going to the bar and ordering some shots, I see Alexa eyeing me cautiously, but she takes a shot when I hand it her.

"So? Tell me what's been happening while I was away?" she demands curiously. "I saw you on the cover of loads of tabloids after the whole Steele thing. I heard you got hurt too, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, he's okay too. I got fired though." I shout angrily.

She stares at me clearly confused.

"John's son, Alexander took over the company and fired me," I tell her bitterly. "He didn't need me anymore so here I am, getting drunk and trying to drown my sorrows. Wanna join me?" I ask her.

She surprises me by hugging me instead.

"I'm sorry Arianna. I'm sure you'll find another job soon, do you want me to ask Mr Grayson? See if he has anything?" She asks, and I nod in response.

She's been working for Mr Grayson for over five years now, and loved it there. She's always going on about how hot her boss is and how much she wants to 'jump his bones'.

Downing our shots, and ordering a large whiskey, I down it feeling the familiar warmness spread.

"Come on Arianna, let's dance," I hear her shout, as she leads me towards the dance floor.
I follow her, and soon we're laughing and having fun dancing together.

We spend the rest of the night drinking, and dancing our time away. A few men had come up and asked me to dance, but I'd just politely decline. Alexa on the other hand was currently snogging a poor man's brains out; or trying to anyway.

Making my way back to the bar, I order myself a bottle of water feeling tipsy. After drinking half, I check my phone for the time. It's a little after twelve, so still quite early really. Watching Alexa I see her on the phone, then I get a text. Reading it I see she's leaving with the man she met, and tells me to call a cab when I'm ready, and to be safe.

Sighing and feeling lonely, I head towards the doors hoping to get a cab, there's a taxi rank across the street so I knew I'd be fine.
As I weave my way through the crowd, I'm shoved roughly to the side by a drunk woman, and stumble into someone.

"Sorry!" I shout loudly over the music, only to scowl in anger. Alexander and a few other men all turn to me, and Alexander looks really uncomfortable when he sees it's me.

"Bastard!" I spit angrily at him, and leave quickly.

Outside I stop and scowl at the taxi rank, it's empty and I vaguely wonder if I'm okay to drive myself or not.

"Arianna? Miss Stewart, wait?" I hear him shout behind me, and turn to him glaring.

He's approaching me with another man I'd never met, but is incredibly attractive.

"What do you want now, Mr Steele? Want to destroy my life some more, huh?" I ask bitterly.

He stops in front of me, and frowns.

"Look, I'm sorry okay. I know I treated you unfairly after everything you did, but I had no choice. I really am sorry." He replies sounding sincere.

"Appology not accepted. Leave me the Hell alone." I shout at him angrily.

He runs his hands through his hair, and I narrow my eyes at him when he doesn't move. His friends continues watching everything clearly amused.

"She a girl you dumped, man? What did you do to her?" His friend asks curious.

I glare at him, and he backs up with hands raised.

"No, we didn't date at all. I'm the girl that saved his Dad's life, getting myself hurt in the process. Then this dîck here, fires me when he takes over his Dad's company, and expects me to be okay about it. Fuck you Mr Steele!" I scream at him, storming off towards my car.
I unlock it, and just sit in the drivers seat feeling broken and angry. How does he expect me to just forgive him? I loved my job, and working so close with John felt like having my Dad back again, I know it wasn't the real thing, but it still comforted me. Now I had nothing.