12

Belphegor placed down the paper and pencil before sighing. Your face, your voice, your actions...

Belphegor couldn't remember anything about you at all.

"..."

So there he stood, peering into the piece of paper blankly like it would somehow make you appear out of thin air. But of course that didn't happen.

Instead, Belphegor heard tapping, followed by footsteps. His ears perked up as he looked into the direction of the door.

Soon enough, someone appeared. Belphegor blinked slowly before closing his eyes.

It was the human exchange student.

He reopened his eyes and was shocked to see the barricade of the attic gone.

It was gone...!

The human exchange student was surprised too, based on their expression. They spoke, "Did you manage to destroy it? Why are you just... sitting there?"

"...I didn't do it."

"Oh." The human exchange student dropped their gaze to the now accessible entrance and hesitantly took a step inside.

Belphegor merely watched their every move.

"...So it wasn't you either?"

"Nope." They answered. They made their way closer to the bed and tapped on it.

"Well, you can leave now. I can take you to Lucifer and the others...if you want. Beel especially, but I'm pretty sure everyone's together right now."

"...Everyone. I'll...get to see them?"

"Erm, yes...?" The human looked quite unsure about how Belphegor was acting.

Belphegor wanted to be happy. He could leave this cursed room!

He would finally be able to see Beel and the others, let them know he was here the whole time and that Lucifer was being a bitch. He could go back and do all the things he could've done before.

But even so...