Chapter 35 || The Past Repeats

Attendance timeeeeee

Natasha POV

With that, she walks towards the kitchen and opens the fridge. I sigh and look at Jayce who smiles gently, "You alright?"

"Yeah," I sigh and walk with her to the kitchen.

"You had to come to Budapest, didn't you?"

"I came here, because I thought you wouldn't. But since you're here, what bullet does that?" I follow her gesture to see the marks of arrows lodged into the walls.

A small smile creeps on my face when I think back to the time Clint almost killed me. He was talented, a great SHIELD agent, but I was always better. I refused to lose no matter what.

"Not bullets, arrows."

"Ah, Clint, aka Hawkeye, aka bird brain

"Ah, Clint, aka Hawkeye, aka bird brain. Or do I call Sam that?" Jayce shines a toothy grin and looks down at the two shots Yelena prepared and shrugs in satisfaction, "Ah. Cheers."

She grabs a shot, clinking it with the other small glass Yelena had filled and takes it, clicking her tongue when she swallows it. She follows Jayce, eyes locked on her as she takes the shot, a smile teasing at her lips.

"Good vodka."

Yelena tilts her head and I glance between the two of them skeptically. My gut starts turning when they keep smiling at each other like that.

"You're fun, I like you."

"Ditto, you gonna let me stand here with an empty shot glass or are we taking another?"

When Yelena smirks, she pours another and they clink again before downing the hard liquor. My eyes roll to the back of my head when they start laughing so I grab the bottle and take a swig of it, walking around the kitchen.

"If you didn't think I'd come here, why'd you send me this?" I pull the vials and the photobooth picture out of my pocket and toss it on the table.

The blonde's carefree smile drops and her eyes widen as she looks down at it, then back up at me with clear fear painted across her features. Why does she look so scared all of a sudden?

"You brought it back here?!" She grunts and walks out of the room, making me frown and look at Jayce who shrugs and follows her out.

I sigh and look down at the image of us as kids. Closing my eyes tightly, I move my head side to side and slap my hand over it, sliding of the table to shove into my pocket.

"You two just ruined our shot club," Jayce groans and Yelena snorts, "We can do more another time." My blood boils and I ball up my fists when I hear them being so careless about the situation, only focusing on their ridiculous bonding moment.

I march out of the room, catching up to them, "I'm not here trying to be your friend, but you need to tell me what that is," I demand, following them into a room where she starts to grab clothes and shove them into a bag.