Trauma

After driving around for some time, Y/N decided to go home. She just cleared her mind, driving around helps.

She walked inside her parents' house. She raised an eyebrow when she saw a light from the living room, she's pretty sure her moms are still working.

Alert, Y/N quietly walked towards the living room. Ready to do something at any moment.

"Honey."

Y/N visibly relaxed when she saw her moms and instead of an intruder. She sat down between her them. "What're you guys doing home?"

"We wanted to talk to you, dear." Elise said, caressing Y/N's cheek. "Your mom told me what happened earlier. Talk to us, mon cher."

"We're here to listen." Anastasia said in a gentle tone.

Y/N took a deep breath, she should. She knows it's the best thing to do, she needs to talk about it or she'll go insane. And it's best for her to talk to her moms about it.

(It is the best thing to do if y'all are sad or something. Talk to someone about it. I lost a very dear friend to suicide, and it still hurts, so as much as I can, I try to help people that I know is suffering from depression. So please, if any of you want someone to talk to, I'm here, don't hesitate to message me❤️)

"Did something happened?" Anastasia asked, wrapping an arm around Y/N's shoulders.

Y/N nodded, "Yeah. Something did happened..."

"Man down! I repeat, man down!" Y/N shouted to her radio and through the loud booming explosions around her.

She looked at Jacob, whose bleeding so bad. "Keep your hands there, okay, buddy? I'm gonna get you out of here!"

Jacob just smiled, trying his best to breathe.

"Fucking hell, this won't do. Come on, I'll carry you!" Y/N said, she shouldered their guns and slowly lifted Jacob up.

Jacob groaned, "Leave me, Captain. T-this is my d-destiny, and I-I'm honored to served our country w-with y-you." He said.

Y/N shook her head, "No, kid. Stay put, you're gonna come home with us— shit!" She ended up groaning as she felt a bullet grazed her arm. She almost dropped Jacob, but she tightened her hold.

"C-Captain!" Jacob shouted.

"I'm fine, bud, just hold on for me!" Y/N shouted, panting. She forcefully ignored the pain all over her body. They have been attacked.

"Y-You're gonna be okay, Jacob." Y/N said, panting so hard.

Just then, she felt another sharp pain. This time, she felt it on her back.

Y/N screamed in pain.

"Captain!" James shouted as he run towards Y/N and Jacob, John and Zayn taking cover for them.

James took Jacob from Y/N and with that, Y/N passed out.

"I-I was asleep for four days, and when I woke up, they told me that Jacob didn't make it. He was shot on his chest a-and the bullet went straight t-to his heart." Y/N finished and by now, she was sobbing.

"Oh, baby." Anastasia cried with her baby, hugging her by the waist, while Elise hugged them both.

"He was so young, i-it was just his second deployment." Y/N sobbed, feeling her heart aching. The feelings were hitting her all at once.

"Listen baby," Anastasia whispered, cupping Y/N's face. "It wasn't your fault, okay? Don't beat yourself, please. What happened is sad, it's bad. But you can't save everyone, my love. You almost died trying, you did everything you could. You tried. I know it hurts, baby, if only I could take your pain away, I would."

Y/N sobbed, and just cried into her mom's arms.

She did tried her best, and there's a lot of times that she almost died trying so she could save her brothers and sisters. And even though she's aware she cannot save everyone, she never hesitate to at least try.

Those soldiers aren't just soldiers for her, they're her family, her brothers and sisters and all of them have been through hell. So Y/N always try her very best to lead them properly and be there for them at all cost.

When she was promoted as Captain, she really meant it when she promised and bowed to be a good leader. She will be there for them, at all cost.

And really, that scares her sometimes. Because she's willing to save everyone, but herself.