2

After reading the message, Boma froze in shock for a few seconds. She continued to stare blankly at the note for a few more seconds before managing to recollect herself.

For the first time, she slowly began to observe her environment. She saw no one paying particular attention to her.

She also took note of a section marked as VIP for the first time. It was separated by a partition made with fancy peek-through woods.

She tried to get a good view of the section but it was difficult because the woods ran up a bit high even if she rose to her feet.

She quickly folded the note and stuck it inside her pocket. Her heart was thundering.

Her friend had warned her not to come here but she had come just because of foolish pride. Well, she had been jolted back to reality. She didn't think it was too late to leave the place.

Hopefully, she wasn't being watched by the interested party.

She dialed her friend's line and waited for her to receive it. Luckily, her friend picked up the phone on time.

"Hilda." She said urgently without waiting for Hilda to say a word.

"What? Is everything alright?"

"Don't come to Dazzle. I'm already on my way out. I'm sorry I came here

"

"It's okay. I am almost there already. You sound breathless. Are you okay?"

"Yes," Boma answered, rising to her feet.

Acting like the music in the bar was interfering with her conversation, she carefully grabbed her bag and walked away from the table, heading towards the exit. "I will meet you outside the bar. I am already walking outside."

"Great. Okay. I will meet you there."

Boma tried not to move furtively as she headed outside. Once she was at the terrace, she walked forward, avoiding the people trying to get into the bar, as well as a couple of guys in rough dark jackets who were hanging outside the bar. As she tried to walk past them, both moved, subtly trapping her between them.

She paused, her heart thundering aloud as both casually placed a hand on each of her shoulders, causing her to pause.

She looked up at them with fear in her eyes.

"Let me go."

"Our point one wants to see you." One of them calmly informed her.

"I don't want to see anyone. I am not interested."

"You can't leave without seeing him." The other guy informed her with the same calm tone. "If you want to enjoy peace on this campus, you better come with us now. He doesn't like to be kept waiting."

"What do you want from me?"

"That's none of our concern."

"I will scream." Boma threatened and felt something cold and steely resting firmly below her waist.

Looking down, she saw that it was a gun that one of the guys was holding to her skin.

She froze, the hairs on her skin rising.

"Cooperate and you won't be hurt ." His partner informed her.

She nodded, left with no choice as she allowed them to lead her back into the bar.

Once inside, they led her to the VIP section.

***

Seated in his seat, Donovan looked at the girl beside him.

The VIP section was occupied by just him and his guys because he had paid for it. It was theirs for the night. He liked it that way. It was perfect for his comfort.

"You're done for the evening." He said to her.

"But the night just started." She protested.

"I don't care. Leave. Tell your point one we had a good time."

"But we didn't."

"Tell her whatever you wish. But just get out before I lose my temper."

The girl rose quickly as Boma and his guys entered the section.

Boma noticed that the Point One was dominating the grandest-looking chair in the VIP section.

Her breath caught in her throat. She had expected to see a scary, rough, and scarred guy in baggy clothes with a face cap worn backward.

What she saw was a tall, drop-dead gorgeous guy with alluring light green eyes. He had a firm chin, broad shoulders, and toned abs, his embodiment of attractiveness encased in dark fitted jeans and an equally dark short-sleeve shirt that revealed the tattoo of a butterfly.

She also noticed the dark slip-ons he wore. Everything he wore was dark and so was the daunting look on his face. He was what they called a handsome devil, no doubt and now, she was in his lair.

It was a shame that she admired his attractiveness even as her heart remained thundering because, despite his handsome features, he was scary.

Donovan's eyes rested on the scared girl's face as her eyes managed to meet his for a few seconds before falling to the floor, floating back up and resting on his chest.

The girl he had dismissed eyed Boma from head to toe with disdain.

"Are you sending me away because of this girl?" She asked, pointing at Boma.

Donovan rose like a bolt of lightning and grabbed the girl's arm roughly, making her wince. "Get out." He ordered darkly, his cultured and dark rich voice, low, but they all heard him. "Do not make me hurt you, Rose, understand?"

Boma lifted her gaze and managed to watch the altercation even as her heart kept hammering with fright.

Rose nodded and he released her roughly.

She gave Boma one last derisive look before strutting out of the section.

Donovan took his seat and Boma carefully avoided his gaze.

"Please, I want to go home." She said, addressing him without looking at him, due to her fear. "I don't want any trouble."

Donovan gestured for his guys to step aside and they did, leaving her facing him alone. As if, they had just left her vulnerable, she hugged herself nervously.

"Please, I want to go home."

"Look at me." He said quietly and allowed her a few seconds to gather courage and meet his gaze.

"You're in year one, right?"

"Yes." She confirmed.

"What's your name?"

"Esther." She answered without thinking. "Esther Titus."

"Hmm. What faculty are you in?"

"Science."

"What department?"

"Geology."

"So you're a Geology student?"

"Yes."

He stared at her for a while. Her heart kept thundering.

"Are you a good girl?"

Taken aback by the question, she was dumbfounded.

"I asked you a question."

"I don't understand what..."

"Yes or no?"

"I like to think that I am a good..."

"Yes or no?"

"Yes."

"So why are you lying to me?"