31 - Men Can't Be Counted On

After sending the fee structure to Cen Xiangyang, Ji Fanyin stretched lazily on her newly-bought ergonomic chair.

It won't do for me to just wait for Song Shiyu to introduce new clients to me. I've to think of a way to expand my client base myself.

Song Shiyu wasn't working as hard as she expected him to. So far, he had only introduced Bai Zhou to her.

He should have already introduced the fourth one to me by now according to the 'future'. Haaa, men really can't be counted on.

While shaking her head, Ji Fanyin shut the laptop and settled down on the comfortable sofa to enjoy another movie. She penned down her review and posted it online before heading off to sleep.

The money she had earned thus far was already enough for her not to worry about her income anymore.

While raking in more money would indeed contribute to the progress of the 'Temptation of Home' app, over the past few weeks, she noticed that the key earner was still Emotion Points.

Be it strangers or acquaintances, anyone who felt a sliver of emotion toward Ji Fanyin would be taken into account by the app.

She had built up a fair presence in the social media thus far, resulting in a constant stream of Emotion Points coming in from places she knew not of.

Other than that, she also occasionally received Emotion Points from her clients even outside of service hours. They were simply too self-conscious about their relationship to not have her on their minds.

Ji Fanyin tapped into the 'Temptation of Home' app's logs and scrolled down. It didn't take her too long to spot Cen Xiangyang's name.

There was a fair sum of Emotion Points coming in from him, though it was still nowhere on par with Song Shiyu.

Just looking at the logs relating to Song Shiyu was enough for her to imagine the intense melodrama going on in his mind. To be honest, she didn't expect that he would be so shaken by her clearly expressing her lack of feelings toward him.

She was even kind enough to make it a gradual process for him.

Ji Fanyin looked through her day's income before checking the progress bar.

So far, she had accumulated 200 million of the 10 billion goal. It was already possible to see a slight bit of green on the long progress bar, a representation of hope.

My efforts are paying off. It looks like 10 billion isn't that far away anymore.

Ji Fanyin put down her phone, intending to head off to sleep, but she suddenly received a call from Ji Xinxin.

To be frank, Ji Fanyin was having difficulties trying to understand Ji Xinxin's insistence on calling her once every three days. It was almost as if Ji Xinxin had jotted it down on her calendar schedule. She had never forgotten about it, not even once.

There were times when Ji Fanyin didn't pick up, and Ji Xinxin didn't show any particular reaction to it either. The latter would simply send a couple of messages instead and call her again three days later.

Just what could her motive be?

Ji Fanyin accepted the call with a slide of her finger. "Yes?"

"Big sis." Ji Xinxin's voice sounded from the other side. "I'm standing on top of the Eiffel Tower. The scenery here is gorgeous! I want to show it to you too!"

Ji Fanyin let out a yawn and said, "Post it on your Moments page. I'll check it when I wake up tomorrow morning and give you a like."

"How have you been doing?" Ji Xinxin dropped her usual question. "I heard from mum that you have gotten a job. What kind of job is it?"