Chapter 23 Pack joins the Village

Shion sat next to a campfire, watching flames dance in the dark. She has waited all night for her friends and lover to return. Her grandfather had always said that it's the darkest when sun is about to raise, and he was right. Even with her night vision she had some trouble in seeing past the campsite, into the woods. 

 She sighed when she couldn't notice any signs of them returning. Instead, she decided to go back to Princess's tent. She slowly opened the tent and went in, trying not to make any sound. Even tho she suspected that Princess is going to wake up any time soon, she still was a little surprised when she saw Princess siting silently in her tent. 

 Shion smiled slightly and sat down next to her.

"Good morning Princess. Did your wounds healed up?"

 Princess didn't say anything at first and just kept looking at her hands but then sighed and answered.

"Yes..."

"I am glad to hear that. Shiva's blood make miracles when it comes to healing someone."

 Shion smiled again and chuckled slightly just to hear dry chuckle from Princess.

"I know. He saved me from death two times already. First time when he cured me from that illness and second now..."

 Shion frowned slightly as she noticed Princess's somber tone of voice.

"Princess...Is something wrong?"

"Wrong? No...I don't think so. Besides the point that I made Shiva worry again and I almost died because of how weak I am compared to other ogres..."

"What?"

"You heard right..."

 Princess looked up at Shion and frowned, tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

"I am weak! I did nothing but been nuisance to Shiva! He has to rescue me all the time! I cannot defend myself, not saying anything about others!"

 Shion was lost for words until suddenly Princess broke down. She began to cry, realizing all of her frustration regarding her weakness. Shion didn't knew what to do at first but she knew she had to cheer up her friend up. She  reached out towards Princess and smiled slightly.

"Don't say that to yourself Princess! You are not an nuisance to anyone. I know how you feel, back when I was younger I felt the same. I-!"

 Just as she was about to touch her, Princess smacked her hand away and glared at her.

"Shut up! It's easy for you to say! You have everything! You are strong! Beautiful and sexy! You have Shiva all for yourself! So, don't try to compare me to you! I am not even worthy of his time..."

 Princess cried more as Shion looked at her in shock from a sudden release of negative emotions. Shion took her hand back and looked away. Silence fell down on the two of them, Princess sobbed quietly while Shion looked back at her and sighed sadly.

"I know how you feel. When I was younger I thought that I am not worthy of anything. I thought that after mine parents died, others would thing of me as a burden. But someone made me thing otherwise..."

 Princess calmed down slight and looked up at her.

"Mine grandpas. They not only made me more confident but also made me stronger. So...I want to help you. If you want I can train with you, make you stronger."

 Shion stood up and went to the exit, but just before she left she looked back at Princess and smiled.

"I want to help you not because I pity you. I want to do it because you are mine friend and you are close to Shiva..."