74 - I Want to Slap the Old Me

Ji Fanyin had no idea how many people had their hearts broken because of the news of Ji Xinxin's engagement. She was also quite curious as to how Ji Xinxin chose who could read the engagement message she sent...

In any case, it must have taken a lot of courage for her to take that step.

There were only two scenarios where a 'King of the Seas' would rein in her net.

One, the 'King of the Seas' was exhausted and wanted to retire from the seas.

Two, the 'King of the Seas' screwed up and had no choice but to seek refuge with an honest man.

It was that simple.

What happened afterward was equally important as well.

An outstanding 'King of the Seas' should be able to minimize the negative consequences that would naturally arise from her reining in her net. Fishes who were attached to her could offer their blessings and silently fade away into the background, but they could raise a shitstorm too.

If Ji Xinxin had a tool that quantified emotions too, she would be receiving a huge amount of Emotion Points at this moment. She accepted Li Xiaoxing's proposal in a rush, but there's still a great deal of trouble for her to deal with afterward.

Especially Cen Xiangyang. He might just go insane.

Ji Fanyin felt that Ji Xinxin wouldn't have any strength to come after her for a very long time.

She was also quite curious as to whether Li Xiaoxing would continue asking for her help. She personally thought that the likelihood of it was quite high.

Li Xiaoxing had tasted the sweet joys of successfully manipulating Ji Xinxin, and that could have very well further stoked his possessive personality. He would constantly be tempted to further reinforce his control over her.

She made use of the last few days of her break to organize her schedule. She wasn't exactly busy, but her work was hard to organize because it was coming from all kinds of places.

I'll need a personal assistant to help me take care of miscellaneous stuff.

Zhang Ning had previously offered to hire a personal assistant for her, and she accepted it on the spot. She thought that Zhang Ning would find someone who studied filmography, perhaps a fresh female graduate or something.

Yet, when she dropped by the studio after her break, she found that her new personal assistant was actually a tall and strong man.

... He also looks oddly familiar. I feel like I've met him somewhere else before.

Zhang Ning coolly put on her lipsticks in front of her mirror before turning around to introduce them to each other. "Here, let me introduce your new personal assistant to you, Shen Qi. Give him a try. If it doesn't work, I'll transfer him to another department. Alright babe, I need to attend a business meeting now. Bye bye. Mua~"

Ji Fanyin nodded in response to Zhang Ning's words, before assessing the man before her.

"Shen Qi..." murmured Ji Fanyin contemplatively. "Have I met you somewhere before?"

The reticent man nodded. He propped up his sunglasses and explained, "The classmate gathering."

"Ah." Ji Fanyin finally remembered. "Passion fruit cheesecake."

It was the kind-hearted man who had shared his after meal dessert with her during the classmate gathering last year.

What a small world.

"You're here as my personal assistant, right?" Ji Fanyin looked at her watch. "Have you met the others yet?"

"Yes." Shen Qi opened up the tablet in his hand and offered it to Ji Fanyin. "I've grasped your current schedule."