Vol 2 Ch 7: Capture The Flag.

Hirano pov:-

It was quite weird when I saw an empty position during the race while the school didn't seem to care.

I guess the rumors about Koenji not cooperating with his class are really solid true.

Also Ibuki had her match with Horikita. Sadly, she lost. Even though I was rooting for her.

But the student council president was fast as heck! It really showed me the big difference between me and him. I don't ever wanna get on his bad side. I would rather do my student council work diligently. Which I still have some left to do. I will be pretty busy after this sports festival.

As for the triplets. Miku came last as expected. Aika did fairly well. But Itsuki was just on a whole different level. Damn she got first place in both normal race and Hurdle race. I would have congratulated her but I had to stay with my class for now.

I also almost made a fool of myself during the Hurdle race. I was very close to touching a Hurdle but lucky avoided it. However, I did fell face first because of that. It still hurts. I had to go ask the medical staff for a bandage for my nose.

The next contest up is 'capture-the-flag'. It's a simple yet rough and slightly dangerous team competition.

Our class was led by Ryueen while class C was led by Kanzaki.

After a quick discussion, it was decided that class B would always be on attack while class C will always defend. That's to be expected since our class has many strong and athletic people.

The signal that marks the match's start rang and we rushed in.

After a bit of struggle against class A, the Red Team's flag that Class A had been protecting was now slightly slanted.

Since Class B is full of violent people or better yet, students who are almost
like fighters, it was an easy task for us to penetrate through their defenses.

If we have a scuffle against each other, it's clear who has the advantage and who's at a disadvantage.

Ultimately the White Team easily ended up completing one capture.

Both classes B and C were celebrating their victory. While Ryueen came and spoke something into my ear.

Man....I really didn't want to do this...

Everyone got into position for round two and with the signal, class B again rushed in to Red Team's territory. Ryuuen was also laughing boldly from the rear.

"So it's class D this time huh?" I spoke softly.

Screams rose up from the Class D students all over the place.

The defending students making up the outer wall are slowly diminishing in numbers.

"Stand up! Grab their legs and pull them down!".

Sudou's unreasonable words of encouragement were drowned
out by the angry bellows of my classmates.

Class B repeatedly used elbow strikes that almost wandered into foul play territory and in no time, they broke through to the inner wall. We didn't really have a choice since it was Ryueen's orders to hurt them.

Katsuragi and the others from Class A have also advanced to the point that they could almost touch our flag but I
wonder if they'll make it in time.

"Guah!?".

I could hear a voice of agony from Sudou, who was supporting
the flag just a few meters infront of me.

Apparently Yamada had made his
way up close to Sudou. His physique far surpasses Sudou's.

I ran upto them and in the middle of the chaos delivered a punch to Sudou's stomach.

Sorry Sudou. But it was Ryueen's orders. I have to follow them even if I don't like to. Besides, we have to win.

"Who the hell punched me in my stomach!?".

During the chaos, Me and a few more of my classmates had attacked Sudou
directly.

Furthermore, it wasn't just once or twice as voices of pain and anger become mixed. But for Sudou, who has to hold the flag with both his hands, he was left unable to do anything about it. All he could do was to turtle up and bear with it.

"It hurts, I said it hurts you bastard!".

Just by fighting with his voice alone, we showed no signs of ceasing our actions. Sudou kneels down in pain. But even so, I'd like to praise that fighting spirit of his that still tried to protect the
flag.

Someone then stepped barefoot onto Sudou's back. Then, as though asserting his dominance, he crushed Sudou's back
underfoot with all his strength.

"Gah!?".

Even in the midst of all this jostling during the match, it was a fiendish blow that capitalized on his blind spot. It goes without saying that the one responsible for it was Ryuuen.

"You. Bastard! Guh!".

He was once again stepped on without any hesitation to the point I had thought his spine had been broken. I immediately delivered the finishing blow to his stomach.

As Sudou collapsed from mine and Ryueen's attacks, now having lost its support, the flag collapsed after kicking up a cloud of sand. In the blink of an eye, the outcome was decided.

While collapsed on the ground, Sudou glared up at the man who had stepped on him, Ryuuen. While I had ran a safe distance away from his sights.

"Hah, hah. You bastard...that was foul play!".

"Hmm? So you were there? I didn't notice".

Saying that without a trace of fear, he pulled the flag up. Sudou tried to chase after him but it seems his back is still hurting quite a bit as he wasn't able to stand back up. The DA coalition suffered a great defeat.

Ryueen didn't pay mind to class C and left. I chased after him.

"Did we really have to go that far?"

"Kuku! Ofcourse! I told you that I will show you something interesting right?" Saying that he walked off.

(I am not sure if I want to see it.)

The referee called out to us and began explaining tug-of-war to us. The rules for tug-of-war are extremely simple and about the same as capture-the-flag.

It's purely strength vs. strength. Wits vs. wits. Now then, which side will prove superior? As the four classes gathered in the middle of the ground split up into two, they were divided between the left and the right camps.

Ryueen sorted us in the order he wanted and gave us a pretty bizarre command. But at this point. I should just learn to accept it.

And with this, the tug of war began.