Chapter 5 - it's not her mistake

🌘ARES' POV🌓

🌘ARES' POV🌓

Where the f*cking hell is she?

And at that f*cking moment, my legs rush downstairs thinking that maybe she's somewhere out there.

And by the time that I finally reach the bottom of the staircase, the already-infuriated self of mine couldn't believe of what I'm hearing right freaking now.

"Lo so, è casa tua, ma non dovresti dire brutte parole su di me. Mi dispiace se ho chiesto ad Ares di portarmi, ho pensato che essere tua sorella mi renderà felice dopo che mia madre mi ha lasciato. Ma credo di sbagliarmi. Perché mi odi troppo? Sai che papà mi ha detto che siete tutti bravi e mi ameranno. Allora perché non puoi amarmi? È difficile amare una ragazza come me?"

(I know, it's your house but you shouldn't say bad words about me. I'm sorry if I asked Ares to take me, I thought being your sister will make me happy after my mommy left me. But I guess I'm wrong. Why you hate me too much? You know Daddy told me that all of you are good man and will love me. So why can't you just love me? Is it hard to love a girl like me?)

What the!

As my eyes widened....

My one and only 5 year-old sister, the one that is so small, was not extremely clever but also fluent in italian. And I never thought that she can speak of it, it's never really came to my mind.

Hence, I don't even know if I'm going to be more pissed knowing that I found this out this way. Where she was being hurt by her own brothers.

And those two will face a f*cking consequences for breaking my sister's heart.

But my thoughts was suddenly cut off, when she run straight to me as if she didn't notice me at all. And when I looked down at her, my heart bleeds.

"I'm sorry Ari, I didn't mean to walk around, I just want to drink water. And if I'm a weakest link to you like Hades said, you can drop me to the orphanage." She said while crying like there's no tomorrow. And I've never seen someone cried like this before and I can't accept the fact that  it's my little sister.

"Artemis, listen to me, okay? You.will.never.leave.this.house.," I say the word slowly and clearly, to let her know that I would never let her go. Her tears continues to flow that I need to wipe it smoothly before I speak again.

"You're my sister. You're De Luca. It doesn't matter if your mommy is not my mother because I don't see the problem. I love you and I will protect you my Artemis, okay? So don't cry because seeing you crying like this makes my heart shattered into pieces." I said tenderly before I kiss her forehead.