Out Of The Past

The next morning, Meelo was asleep in his parent's bed, lying between them and snoring. He was rudely awoken by the telephone loudly ringing. He sat up, rubbed his eyes, and crawled over his father's face to answer the phone, waking him up in the process.

"Who is this? It's six in the morning! This better be important!" He snapped as his father sat up behind him, taking the phone leaving him somewhat annoyed. 

"Councilman Tenzin here" Tenzin answered as Pema sat up 

"What?!" Tenzin's eyes suddenly widened in shock at what he was told 

Equalists had attacked City Hall. 

And they had kidnapped Korra! 

He rushed to City Hall as fast as he could. When he arrived, he saw a photographer taking pictures of the damages,  an electrified glove and several Equalists weapons that were scattered about. Scanning the room, Tenzin saw Tarrlok having his arm wound tended to by a healer while Saikhan stood beside him with a clipboard. 

"What happened? What was Korra doing at City Hall?" He questioned, walking up to Tarrlok 

"As I told Chief Saikhan,  Korra came to my office late last night. She was upset that I arrested her friends" Tarrlok explain, standing up as he rolled down his sleeve." She asked me to release them and ... that's when the Equalists attacked. I tried to protect Korra, but we were outnumbered. Then, I was electrocuted. When I came to, the police had arrived. But Korra was gone. I'm so sorry" 

He turned to Saikhan " Chief Saikhan, mobilize the entire police force. We have to find the Avatar" 

*

Elira sighed, bored out of her mind as she lay upside down off the edge of her metal cot. She was thinking about her family. Knowing her father would be angry, with her, Tarrlok and the police. Her mother and grandmother would be worried sick but would put on a brave face around others. And her siblings, her baby brother and sisters. Meelo and Ikki were probably confused and scared, not understanding what was happing or why. And Jinora, she'd understand what was happening but that wouldn't mean she wouldn't be scared or worried. El loved all her siblings, but she'd always been closest with Jinora, even as a child. 

CRASH! 

"Ahh!" Elira fell off the bed with a startled cry when her cell door was suddenly ripped off its hinges and thrown to the side with a bang. 

"Lin? Asami?" She questioned, seeing their upside-down figures standing in the doorway. 

"Get up, kid. I'm busting you out." Lin declared

"Really? Sweet!" El grinned, airbending to her feet and following the two. 

They reached the cell where the boys were being held and Lin metalbent the door off its hinges.

"El! Asami!" Mako grinned as his girlfriend embraced him

"Bo! You okay, dirt brain?" El asked, heading to where her best friend was facing the corner 

"Ahh! A little privacy, please!" He cried, blushing 

"Gah! Sorry Bo!" El immediately stopped covering her eyes, only now realising her best friend was trying to go to the bathroom when they burst in. 

"Are you all right?" Mako asked Asami 

"I'm fine! It's so good to see you." She smiled 

"Hate to break up your lovers' reunion, but Korra's in trouble. Amon captured her." Lin explained 

The kids stared at her in horror. 

"No. No, she can't be gone!" Mako muttered 

"Come on, we have an Avatar to rescue."