20

"Ms. Ahn, focus. Are you sure you're sober enough?"

Heiran let out a scoff, "I am focusing. What's your problem, Mr. Jeon?"

"You made a spelling error right there at the bottom right corner." Prosecutor Jeon responded without taking his eyes off his laptop, referring to the investigation board Heiran was currently working on.

She huffed in disbelief. "Spelling err– Are you serious?"

"These are the minor things that'd get you defeated in court, Prosecutor Ahn."

Heiran sighed but chose not to reply as she irritatedly rubbed her fist against the board and corrected her mistake. Her partner had been acting extremely cold and annoying today and she didn't have a clue who had pissed in his cereal that morning. It was as if the guy was finding new ways to trash her mood every day. Heiran secretly questioned who the heck thought it was a great idea to make him her partner. They were the two unlikeliest souls, getting through each day only under the pretense of civility. Heiran wondered if Jungkook would stand a chance against her out there in the real world. She severely doubted it.

"This office is way too hot. Could you set the temperature at 20 degrees, Ms. Ahn?"

"Why don't you get your royal as$ up from that chair and set it yourself?" Heiran muttered under her breath.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"I said, I'm busy." She dismissed, tone conveying the end of the discussion, rubbing her fists against the whiteboard to erase some writing so hard that it squeaked. He went silent, twirling a pen with his fingers, swinging back and forth, as he scrutinized her under his cool gaze.

Heiran turned away from the board and threw him an irked "What?"

"Ms. Ahn, you look sleep-deprived."

She finally understood his deal. He was picking a fight. Cracking her neck as she smiled humorlessly, she shot back, "And you look like a thrown-up omelet. Don't start."

Her partner didn't have anything more to say after that. Had Yoongi been there right at that moment, he would have given her applause but then she suddenly remembered Yoongi had been worse that morning.

"Get out."

"I won't. You didn't answer my question about where you've been going on your little escapades recently."

"Get out or you will have to survive on take-out for the next whole month."

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Mr. Gordon Ramsay. Geez."

Deciding to take a breather, Heiran stepped out of her office and walked up to the balcony overlooking the lobby with her cool drink she had yet to finish. She internally wondered what it was that she had done wrong to deserve such treatment from her surroundings. Did everyone suddenly wake up today and decide it was 'bully Ahn Heiran' day? Minseo suddenly walked past with Eunsoo, whispering severely under their breaths about a certain 'Aphrodite', proving her point.

"Aphrodite, Medusa... is there another name that I am not aware of?"

A peal of awkward laughter rose from the pair, "S-sorry, Seonbae."

"Nah. Don't bother." She said, dismissively and the pair rushed away to get out of her sight.

"Seriously, why the hell am I surrounded by cold people?" Heiran grumbled, sucking severely on the straw of her cold drink, "I don't even like cold people. I like warm people. I like hot people. People like—"

Her eyes suddenly fell on a shining presence walking down at the lobby and she breathed a dreamy sigh, "Hoseok Oppa~"

"Oppa?"