Chapter 19

☆☆☆☆☆
I'll play along
☆☆☆☆☆

"(Y/N)! What the fuck happened to you!" Vanessa asked, Holding my bandaged hand carefully as her eyebrows furrowed at the injury.

I smiled at her concern and lightly laughed, "Funny story actually HAHA, I was trying to apprehend a criminal this morning and he was a lot more fidgety than I have expected" I told her as she look back at my face.

"Oh Ho ho, That's not all that happened"

I forgot he was here...

I turn towards him in annoyance as Vanessa turned her attention towards him curiously. there stood my brother with a sly smirk on his face, with a hand on his hip while the other holds an Umbrella.

"I thought you were just going to drop me off and then Go Home" I stated, Crossing my arms carefully as to not hurt the damaged hand.

His smirk grew wider as he chuckled, "But what happened was SO GOOD, You shouldn't minimalize your words, Sis! It's no fun to leave the juicy parts to ourselves!" He remarked and pointed an accusing finger towards me.

My frown grew deeper as I argued, "It would be pleasant if it weren't THAT EMBARASSING!"

He waved off my statement and pushed me closer towards the building's entrance, "You're supposed to clock in right now, Go on ahead Sis" He teased as I scoffed at him.

"Which one of us is older again?"

"Which one of us is the Tallest again?" He mocked.

Irritated, I yelled, "Stop bringing up Height!"

"Then Stop bringing up Age!"

"Woah, Slow down there you two" Vanessa interrupted, trying to break the small dispute between us. She laughed when we crossed our arms and faced away from each other.

"You Guys really are siblings" She commented while chucking, a small smile suddenly broke out of my face as I laughed at what she said.

My brother followed suit, Making it obvious that he was just bluffing like I was.

We shared a small laugh as Vanessa pointed a finger between us with a smirk, "So Which one's the oldest?"

With no hesitation, my brother snaked an arm behind my back and patted it harshly, "This Warrior right here" He said with a smile.

I Playfully rolled my eyes at his action as Vanessa hummed in fascination, "The height difference makes it slightly confusing" She said and nodded her head.

"I'm not short, I'm above the average height of a woman" I growled as my Brother chuckled slyly.

"By like, A few inches—"

"That's it, bitch Leave! GO HOME!"

☆☆☆☆☆

I flinched at the sudden pain that enveloped my hand as my face scrunched up a bit at its pressure, I was holding my security card in a tight grip as I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

Glaring at the object that was at fault that gave me such pain, It was a stray chair that my hand accidentally bumped into.

After a few seconds, I finally regained back my strength and swiped my card to open the door.

I internally cursed at my previous actions that had happened the moment before and the situation this morning.

If he weren't to be so stubborn and complied with my simple instructions then I wouldn't have this burden right now...