Chapter 53 - a rainy day

- Third POV -

Lieutenant Jee and several other soldiers are standing on the deck of Zuko's ship, staring at the clouds. Zuko enters the deck and approaches them, the soldiers turn around to face him.

"Looks like your uncle was right about the storm after all" Mocks Jee.

"Lucky guess" Replies Iroh calmly.

"Lieutenant! You'd better learn some respect" Shouts Zuko angrily as he turns around and starts walking towards Jee.

"Or I will teach it to you" Threathens Zuko as he jabs two fingers into Jee's chest before leaving.

"What do you know about respect?" Taunts the lieutenant. Behind Jee, Iroh starts to panic while making a cutting motion at his throat with his hand, trying to signal Lieutenant Jee to stop. Zuko stops walking upon hearing Jee's words.

"The way you talk to everyone around here, from your hard-working crew to your esteemed uncle, shows you know nothing about respect!" Exclaims Jee. Iroh gasps out of shock, oh no...

"You don't care about anyone but yourself! Then again, what should I expect from a spoiled prince?" Continues the lieutenant while Zuko turns around and extends his right arm as if preparing to firebend. Lieutenant Jee does the same. Spoiled? Really? After everything I've been through I'm anything but spoiled.

"Easy now" Says Iroh as he interrupts the staredown and pulls Zuko and Jee apart.

"We're all a bit tired from being at sea so long. I'm sure after a bowl of noodles, everyone will feel much better" Comforts Iroh while Lieutenant Jee walks away.

"I don't need your help keeping order on my ship!" Grunts Zuko frustrated. Iroh puts his hand on Zuko's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him, but Zuko shrugs it off and walks away.

❀❀❀

Sokka is carrying supplies onto the fisherman's boat.

"Sokka, maybe this isn't such a good idea. Look at the sky" Warns Aang.

"I said I was going to do this job. I can't back out just because of some bad weather" States Sokka.

"The boy with tattoos has some sense. You should listen to him!" Exclaims the fisherman's wife.

"Boy with tattoos?" The fisherman turns around to look at Aang.

"Airbender tattoos. Well, I'll be a hog monkey's uncle. You're the Avatar, ain't ya?" Aang happily nods.

"That's right" Beams Katara.

"Well don't be so smiley about it" Scoffs the man while Katara and Aang start to frown. Mizuki blinks confused, why would anyone dislike the Avatar? The person who can bring peace to this world. Isn't that what we all want?

"The Avatar disappeared for a hundred years! You turned your back on the world!" Shouts the man angrily.

"Don't yell at him! Aang would never turn his back on anyone!" Exclaims Katara.

"Oh he wouldn't, huh? Then I guess I must have imagined the last hundred years of war and suffering" Replies the man annoyed.

"All those years, he was frozen in ice. Do you think he did that on purpose, to turn his back on the world?" Retorts Mizuki. The fisherman raises his eyebrow in disbelief, what is this girl talking about?

"Aang's done nothing but help people and save lives since we met him. It's not his fault he dissapeard, right Aang?" Continues Katara while Aang slowly begins to take a few steps backwards.