83

Stefani's pov

"Ms. Cammery," I started and she raised her hand brushing me off.

"Please, it's Carter," she smiled warmly.

Although she is young looking- almost my age, there's a strong sense of maturity in her. It's even in her voice- thick and soothing like honey.

"Carter... not to be rude, but you look really young," I decided to speak my mind and she chuckled as she sipped on her tea.

"You're one to be talking, might I add," she retorted in a way that wasn't harsh- but subtle and playful.

She reminds me of Lana with her humor and presence.

"Hmmm," she stared out the window with buzzing streets with cars going at a walking pace and horns faintly honking.

Today was cloudy, not too much; but just enough to bring out the yellow in the taxi cabs.

"You can speak freely," i gestured and she softly smiled meeting my eyes.

"I'm assuming you want something and I contribute as a benefiting factor," I met and held her gaze.. not a lot of musicians know about business and it's relationship entertainment.

"So much for sugar coating," I softly scoffed and sipped on my coffee making her chuckle.

"I like my conversations the way I like my bourbon- straight," she shrugged and slipped out a flask from her bag and poured some of it in her drink.

I found myself shaking my head and chuckling and Carter's eyes lit up with curiosity.

"Might I ask?" She grinned.

"You remind me of someone so much to the point- it just makes me laugh at how closely identical in character you two are," I admitted.

"Alcoholic?" She scoffed.

"Workaholic too," and she chuckled.

"Who knows, the world is just as small as it is big. I am adopted after all, who's to say me and your friend are not related?" She lifted her flask before taking a sip and putting it away.

"You're right, who's to say... but I can say this; your brand. The mark you've created here in the streets of New York. Despite all its buzzing, your craft draws all attention your way," I started to go into the pitch with a flattering reveal.

"Hmmmm, so I've heard," she took a sip of her drink and stared out the window with all the traffic.

She briefly averted her attention back to me, "what do you want from me and how do I benefit?" She tilted her head.

"I wanted to be subtle," I fought the urge to chuckle but she laughed freely.

"No need to fluff. I need a platform to expand my brand and content in order to increase me and my team's income, but that too requires cash flow. I'm assuming you want to buy and take ownership," she hit the nail right in its head.

"How about a partnership?" I reasoned and her eyes flickered.

"Normally investors want the max amount of possible profit, what's your angle?" She smirked trying to get a read.

"I actually have a liking towards you," I admitted.

"So you're taking 75% and I take the 25% remaining of this deal?" She leaned back and her blonde curls effortlessly followed her movements.

"I said I like you. You're taking 80% and im taking 20%" I scoffed.

"Ms. Edwards, you might be the worst investor by far," she shook her head smiling and I chuckled.