Chapter 3: The Man and The Moon

You started walking in the streets of Inazuma, making your way to Tenshukaku, the place where the Tri-Commissions meet whenever there's a meeting. Many doushins were standing outside, in case something bad were to happen. You took a deep breath before entering the building.

As soon as you stepped inside, all eyes were on you. You gracefully greeted everyone, silently you noticed the Shirasagi Himegimi. Respectfully you gave a slight smile, heading towards the empty seat next to Kujou Sara and the Shogun.

You couldn't help but notice everyone was a bit tense and the atmosphere was somewhat suffocating. It didn't help the tension when sound was absent.

"The Yashiro Commission has been somewhat unstable for the past few years. If it continues to be unstable, the Yashiro Commission would not be able to continue to provide great resources to the Tri-Commissions nor the Shogun herself." Kujou Sara spoke sternly, her eyes gazing upon a young gentleman with light blue hair.

"I propose we get rid of the Yashiro Commission, the Kamisato Clan has been fragile ever since the leader and his wife, Kamisato Kayo, passed away leaving his two children alone." Hiiragi Shinuke suggested.

Hiiragi Shinuke, from the Kanjou Commission, always the deceptive snake.

This man, doesn't he know it'll cause more problems if we get rid of the Yashiro Commission? Ugh, always trying to make things go his away to only benefit himself and his clan.

"No, I have a better proposal," an old-looking man stood up, his voice was somewhat crackly. He looked exceptionally tired. His slightly chapped lips, the dark undereye circles, and the flaky skin. Where they the cause of a lack of sleep and intense workload?

I'm assuming he's the guy who's been a substitute for the Yashiro Commissioner? You quietly thought to yourself.

"Shogun-Sama," the man got on his knees, "With your approval, I'd like to propose the eldest son of the Kamisato Clan...to marry your daughter."

What?? You were in absolute shock, all you could do was look at the Shogun for a response.

"Tell me more, how would it benefit the
Tri-Commission, specifically the Yashiro Commission and the Kamisato Clan if I let my daughter marry the eldest son?"

The man looked relieved for a brief moment, "The responsibilities of the clan for one person to carry out smoothly is near-impossible. It would be beneficial to slowly and efficiently rebuild the Kamisato clan while tending to the needs of the Tri-Commission. Kamisato Ayato would become the Yashiro Commissioner while your daughter also helps carry out the Commissioner's duties."

He took a deep breath, "I would like to remind everyone that as of the moment I am only there to be a placeholder, the Yashiro Commission has no commissioner."

Oh, that's right, the Yashiro Commission has no official commissioner as of now... it must be why it has been unstable for past years.

A moment of silence fell upon the building.
You gazed down at your hands avoiding eye contact with anyone. The room filled with people made no noise. It felt as if time suddenly froze, only hearing your heart beating loudly...*thud thud*

Should you speak up? If so, what would you even say? You began feeling nervous, slowly looking up, you glanced at the Shogun, she too, was at a loss for words.

Alas, the awkward silence broke, the Shogun efficiently collected herself,
"Very well, the meeting has ended. Each one of the Tri-Commissioners will receive a letter regarding the proposals that have been suggested today."

Everyone bowed and left Tenshukaku, before you could exit the building, Ei called your name.

"Y/n, wait a moment." Her gentle voice, and the way she calmly spoke reminded you of the warm gentle spring breeze.