256:backstory

MinJae

He wasn't that mad.

But the anger was enough for him to latch onto the game that they were playing, one that involved a well-lubed sex toy that buzzed deliciously against his touch-starved prostate. It'd been too long since he'd last had anal sex, and the first buzz was always strange and different. The sudden rumble, a setting or two too high for him, had MinJae jerking up in the car seat, thighs rippling and cock straining against his zipper. He'd directing angry eyes at the reason for his suffering with a low hiss at the back of his throat.

Motherfucker.

"You're excited," Ezra had hissed to him in the car nodding at the petals had blossomed over his head, flowers that were far more sensitive to his emotions than Amber's were. They were as honest as his cock, and they openly wept their affection for their goddess. "And I'm not talking about your dick." MinJae had wrinkled his nose and focused on his anger, digging into the budding fire that thrummed in his chest and the spurt of pleasure that burned in his belly. "Keep it down."

"It's not like a dick!" He'd spat at his ex, rubbing his fingers against the lilacs in his hair. "I can't just will it to go with some imagery in my head. I need to talk to it; I need to coax it to leave. There's convincing involved—"

"Well then, fucking tell it to get the fuck out of your hair!"

MinJae hissed at his words, slapping his palm to his head with an angry scrunch. They parted for him, inching away from clumsy hands that dug into their leaves, vanishing when he begged them to go. But the flowers were displeased with him when they disappeared, infuriated even. You don't want our soulmate to see us? They'd thrummed with feelings that he could barely stitch into words. You don't want our soulmate to know how much we love her?

They put up a tough fight.

A fight that Ezra didn't understand with his damned shiny skin that depended on the time he spent with Amber. His soul bond was simple and easy to control—a physical reaction of close contact that made his skin glow with a beautiful dewy radiance that millions could never achieve.

There were occasions when Ezra would shine like a star; his skin spilling with waves of soft radiant light that made him glisten and shimmer like a god. But it usually only happened when he was balls deep within their soulmate and on the verge of cumming.

Ezra's soul bond was exactly like his cock.

"Stop being fucking sappy!"

"I'm excited!" MinJae snapped, the eagerness for what was yet to come could be easily translated into a need to bite his best friend's head off. "My heart is pounding! This used to be between you and I. And things were just about fucking and getting off, and cocks. But I don't know how it'll work with her. And I know it's going to be so good that I—" The grumble from Ezra stopped him mid-rant and his happiness fizzled with his words.

"Stop being fucking excited! You're already blowing the game and I'm just warming you up." Ezra's eyes narrowed, biting his lips. Fucker wouldn't admit it, but he was just as nervous as MinJae. And they were both sitting on the edge of their seats, a fact that was more literal for MinJae due to the pink vibrator in his asshole. "I hope you're clean enough, you were too quick."

"You try cleaning in public!" MinJae grunted, folding his arms with a haughty sniff. It was embarrassing having to douche his ass in the classy restaurant. It sounded as if he were having the world's most watery diarrhoea and staff had knocked on his door, worried that it'd been because of the food. It hadn't been good for his shy, introverted heart. "Why the fuck is it me this time? I wanted to fuck your ass." The older man went silent at his words. And MinJae noted the tinge of pink at his ears, and the flush of redness.

"I'll blow our game if it's me." Ezra choked, clearing his throat as the rasp in his voice was replaced with a soft drone, affected by his words. "You know how I get when I'm scared."

MinJae's lips had twitched into a smirk. The memory was a distant dream, but he did remember that night. A night when he'd gotten Ezra a little too drunk on expensive liquor and too horny after a blowjob that did nothing for his straining libido. He'd agreed to try being the bottom and MinJae had spent hours torturing his prostate and drawing out those soft whimpers that rarely escaped Ezra's lips.

"You get needy, and whiny. And you beg for cock." MinJae listed. "You also get scared when I'm too fast and you make the most delicious sounds when you're choked up with tears in your throat—"

"It's also not the usual power play I have with Amber," Ezra admitted with a slow side glance. "She knows me dirty and horny."

Two of the most fucking cliché words attributed to the male lead in every female-centred romance.

"When were you so obsessed with sticking to roles in the bedroom?"

"But she likes me like that, you know how wet she gets when I talk shit—"

"It's not fun if you're always the Dom, let her see what you're like when you're a mess."

"But—"

"We're too far into this relationship to be embarrassed about this shit."

Ezra went quiet at his words, a low hum spilling from his throat. "I'll be opening up to her, showing her a side of me she doesn't know." And why wouldn't she want to see a side of him that she didn't know? MinJae shook his head at his words, tapping his lips.

"Which could level up your relationship?" MinJae chuckled, crossing his legs. "I know she loved it when I played rough and angry with her."

"Casper and Oliver rough?"

"Of course not." MinJae shook his head, raising a brow and sticking out his tongue to make a soft gagging sound that led to a snort from his companion. Those two had been masquerading behind a mask of sweet, sensitive, maturity, and MinJae had spent days in incredulous stupor. "I don't do that shit, not my kink."

"Hm," Ezra snorts. "If she lets them in and actually likes it, we'll lose out soon."

"We will."

"We need a niche."

"We do."

Ezra grunted, slamming his palm into the stirring wheel with a snarl that sang to MinJae's rising cock. "Fine, I'll fucking do it." He spun the wheel, muscles flexing and moving a low grunt in his throat. "Fucking fine. You can fuck my fucking ass only because of her."

"You like the feel of my fat cock too," MinJae purred. Fuck yes! This night was getting better by the minute.

"That's fucking disgusting, stop calling your cock fat. The mental imagery is just weird as fuck!"

But the tell-tale bob of his Adam's apple, and the nervous glaze in his eyes were all MinJae needed to know that he'd gotten under Ezra's skin and struck gold. There were a few things that a man didn't and wouldn't forget and one of them would be an orgasm wrung out straight from his prostate.

MinJae smirked, lips quirking upwards as he leaned back into the seat, pleased that he'd gotten his way. He was the biggest, baddest bitch in the whole fucking team and Ezra knew that. He knew that. Everyone knew—The sudden buzz of the thing lodged in his ass, had him leaping out of his seat. Fuck! He snarled at Ezra and the man simply gave him the finger with a haughty sneer.

Just two angry, horny best friends with a strange backstory, connected by a single lover.