20

Jenna

I wake up to find Jonathan gone. I don't know if he left last night or this morning though. I stretch to grab my phone off of the nightstand. I check the time and see that it's already nine thirty. I hadn't sleep that late in years.
Opening my phone I decided to send his a good morning text. After that I push the assistance button so I can get my breakfast. After a minute a nice nurse named Julie walks in.

"Hey Jenna! How has your day been so far?" She ask as she sets up the food for me. Julie had short brown hair that she had in a hat but she had a outgoing personality and we loved to talk.

"I'm doing great, I mean under the circumstances." I say as I adjust myself to eat on the bed. She smiles kindly.

"That's great to hear. Anything else I can get you?" She ask as she sets up the last of my food. I shake my head thanking her as she leaves. I smile at the food it was just oatmeal but I was glad all the same.

After I eat I check my phone and see a new text from Jonathan.
I find myself happy to see it.

Guy I have to keep saving and doesn't want to leave me alone - good morning to you too ❤️

Oh my goodness! He put a heart! I find myself squealing before I can stop it. I calm myself down before texting back.

Jenna❤️ - how's your day going?

Guy I have to keep saving and doesn't want to leave me alone  - okay I have to head to work soon though. WBU?

Jenna❤️ - I'm okay. I actually slept in.

Guy I have to keep saving and doesn't want to leave me alone - that's great.
Sorry but I have to leave now. I'll stop by after work?

He leaves it as a question and I smile to myself.

Jenna❤️ - sounds great!

I set my phone down, and pick up my drawing pad. It takes a minute for something to come to mind but by the time I start sketching the gentle curve of his jaw it hits me. I have fallen in love with Jonathan Cooper.

From his laugh to his beautiful brown eyes I fell for him. He was kind and caring and put others first. I'm distracted from my thoughts by someone knocking on the door frame.
I look up to see Breanna and I smile.

"Breanna! Come in. I thought you had work today?" She comes in sitting next to me.

"No I took today off to visit my favorite coworker." I laugh. I knew I wasn't actually her favorite but she didn't need to know that I knew that.

"Well for what it's worth I'm glad your here." I say honestly. We talk and chat for hours and I find myself glad for the fellowship.

☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕

Thanks for reading this far let me know what you think!