𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Alex stood in Liz's kitchen with a water bottle in hand as loud music filled her ears. Her eyes skimmed over the crowd of students dancing around in front of her with large grins on their faces. After letting out a small sigh, the Easton girl's attention fell on a group talking and laughing a few feet away from her. If it were up to her, Alex wouldn't have come to the party but she finally caved after Liz's constant pleading.

The redheaded girl took another sip of her water as she scanned the room before they landed on two boys walking into the house. A small smirk appeared on her face at the sight of Peter and Ned having a hushed conversation near the front door. If she had to guess what they were talking about, it would probably be how they plan on having Spider-Man make an entrance. That was the reason they were here in the first place.

"Is there a reason you've been avoiding the fun all night?" a new voice questioned, causing Alex to jump before she turned around to face the raven-haired boy.

"Atlas," the redheaded girl greeted with a small smile on her face, "wasn't expecting to see you here."

"And why's that?"

"Because Liz hates you," Alex bluntly stated, causing Atlas to start laughing which only made the former even more confused.

"Trust me. It's a lot more complicated than that," the Duncan boy told her before they caught Liz glaring daggers at Atlas. The raven-haired boy just stared at the Allen girl for a long moment before he cleared his throat and looked back at Alex. "Looks like I should probably get going. I'll see you at school."

Before Alex had a chance to respond, Altas walked past her and out the front door. The Easton girl kept her eyes glued to him until she was he was out of sight. Another sigh passed over the redheaded girl's lips as she turned her attention back to the party. As she watched the dancing teens in front of her, she silently wished she left with the Duncan boy. Despite how much she wanted to live a normal life, Alex would've been happy to miss this. She hated the loud noise and the shouting of teenagers. There was barely enough room to walk without bumping into someone. She wanted to just go back to her apartment and sit down with a good book. So when Flash started mocking Peter over the speakers, Alex did just that.

The cool air greeted her like an old friend as she stepped out into the night. Alex ignored the confused looks of her peers as she passed them until she reached the sidewalk. Normally, she would use her super speed to get back to her apartment in a few short minutes. But at that moment, Alex decided to take it slow and enjoy the world around her. Something she rarely did. A small smile formed on her face as she let the silence surround her. She hadn't felt this calm since she was at the Barton farm, which was one of the reasons why she regretted leaving. Alex honestly didn't remember the last time she was this happy. But of course, all good things must come to an end.