24

TW: THEMES OF DEATH AND GRIEVING

Toby stood there looking in the window of his birth mothers hospital room. He stood there arms crossed as he stared blankly. A young woman maybe five years younger than him walked over to him. 

"Toby?" She questioned looking at him. He glanced over.

"Hi Melissa, how's Grace doing?" He asked looking at Grace's sickly form laying in the bed. Melissa took a place next to him. "She's not doing too well, dad is taking her off the support today and we figured we'd give you the next twelve hours with her if you needed it."

Toby nodded and walking into the room shutting the door behind him. "Hi Grace." He sat in the chair by her bed. She offered him a weak smile. "My sweet Toby, I'm glad we can say good bye. Will you tell me of your family?" She said in a raspy voice.

"Sure, well we have our eldest Michael, he's a sweet kid. He really is our pride and joy, he's smart, kind, he makes a mean almond butter and jelly sandwich, he loves to clean, and he loves reading." Toby rambled.

"Then the twins. Zachary and Eleanor, they are something else. They're only a year but man are they smart. Zachary counts to five and Eleanor recites her colors. They are always together and are always with Michael."

Grace slowly nodded off slowly drifting away. The monitor went flat as he rushed to his feet. "Grace?" He ran to the door. "Melissa get a nurse."

Melissa gave him a small smile as tears slid down her cheeks. "It's okay Toby, it's time."

They walked in and both held one of her hands. They stayed there as nurses walked in making her comfortable and turning off the noise.

They pronounced the time and the estranged siblings sat there.

"Oh mom left this for you." Melissa grabbed a book and placed it in his lap. "It's photos from before she left you. She wanted you to have it."

-

Toby stood side by side with Ranboo as they watched his biological mother slowly be lowered to the ground. Zachary and Eleanor slept soundly in their stroller, Michael stood next to it. The family was adorned in black to grief the ending of a life.

They stayed as the dirt was placed on top.

Toby dropped a few flowers down. "Rest easy mom."

:)---------------------------------(:

There will be at least 5 more chapters solely about Michael and the twins.

This book will be on a tiny break so I can write the rest of the chapter.

<3