Chapter Three

"Milan, can you please wait here?" Kai, their history teacher called out as the bell rang, "Leo? You too."

Leo groaned as he shoved his book in his bag, before walking over to his adoptive father's desk. He had an idea of what could be a possible reason as to why Kai stopped both him and Milan after class, and he really hoped that he wasn't right.

"Sure, Mr. Nahar." Milan said like the good student that he was.

"How are the Mathlete meetings going?" Kai asked with a smile as he looked at both the boys in front of him.

"They're going well," Milan answered, a little confused as to why their history teacher was asking them this, "We have fewer members this year but that's alright. We'll manage just fine."

"And you both, are you getting along?" Kai asked as he looked between Leo and Milan.

Milan furrowed his brows in confusion, and Leo just sighed as he looked at Kai tiredly. The truth was that ever since their first club meeting a week ago, neither of them had spoken to each other. Despite Quinn's attempts to get them to talk, which more often than not just got Quinn kicked out of the meeting by Mr. Sorkin.

"Uh, yes?" Milan answered when Leo didn't. He didn't have any reason to say no.

"Oh, good!" Kai chirped up immediately, "Leo, I still don't know how but you're failing in my class. I've been meaning to assign you a tutor."

"You've got to be fuc— freaking kidding me." Leo muttered, and Kai simply ignored it as he turned to face Milan.

"Would you be interested in tutoring Leo? You can say no if you want, of course, or if you have other commitments," Kai continued, "But this will obviously give you extra credits."

"Extra credits?" Milan perked up at that, "Sure, I don't mind tutoring him."

"Great! I trust you both to make a schedule. Just keep me updated on it. I think I might have some study material to make your job easier, give me a minute." Kai muttered the last part as he opened his drawer to look for the papers.

Leo was gritting his teeth, his jaw tight as he watched the interaction between the two. As Kai rummaged through the drawer, Milan's eyes fell on a photoframe. It was a picture of a blonde man, holding a young girl in his arms as they stood in front of a waterfall.

"That's a cute picture, Mr. Nahar." Milan stated.

"Oh, this?" Kai grinned as he took the photoframe out, "This is my husband and daughter."

"Oh!" Milan was slightly taken aback, he didn't know that his history teacher was gay. Everyone knew he was married because he wore a ring, but not that he was married to a man.

"I have a son too, but he doesn't like getting pictures clicked with us." Kai said, looking at Leo from the corner of his eye as he kept the photoframe back. Leo simply rolled his eyes in response, which went unnoticed by his fellow Mathlete.

"Aw, that's not nice," Milan replied with a laugh, "How old is he?"

"Well, he's about yo—"

"We're getting late for our next class." Leo cut Kai off as he looked at him pointedly.

"Right, of course," Kai frowned, "I can't find the study material. I'll give it to you in the next class."

"Sure, Mr. Nahar," Milan replied, "See you in class tomorrow."

The older man just sighed as Leo gave him a dirty look before bolting out of the classroom.

Leo didn't want people at the school knowing about his relationship with Kai. The history teacher was loved throughout the student body, he was the young, cool and attractive teacher, of course. All Leo wanted was school to be over as soon as possible, and he wanted to stay invisible as he went on with it.