Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alaina's POV

It felt like time went by very slowly while we were at Lexie's. So slow that I actually couldn't wait to go home for once. I guess it's because I let my jealousy of Danielle take over me, and to be honest I feel really embarrassed that I let some girl who I barely even know ruin my day instead of having fun with my friends. But it was hard for me to even enjoy it due to Danielle having Harry wrapped around her finger the entire time. It felt like I didn't exist to him anymore. He gave all of his attention to her, forgetting that I was even there.

Whenever I would try to get his attention, Danielle would always beat me to it before I could even open my mouth. It got to the point where I just gave up and talked amongst my other friends, hoping he would get the hint. But he didn't. His main focus was on some girl he barely even knows. I'm not upset over him getting to know her and having a nice conversation. I obviously don't mind him making or having other friends, because he can't just be stuck by my side for the rest of his life.

I was bothered over his continuous flirting and how smitten he was with her when she's been nothing but rude to me for no reason and he never defended me. Instead, he ignored it and continued to talk to her, which made my blood boil. It's easy to tell that he already likes her and I don't even have to question why. She's confident, naturally beautiful, and extroverted. She's his type and I hate it! I can't compete with her whatsoever.

For a while I had a little bit of hope that he could possibly have some feelings for me since his past relationships haven't worked out but after seeing him flirting with another girl once again, I'm starting to think that he doesn't. I'm only his best friend to him, which is fine, I guess. If he doesn't feel the same for me then I would much rather continue being his best friend than not have him in my life at all. Because if we were to be in a romantic relationship and something happened, it would ruin what we once had. Maybe he feels the same as well? I wouldn't know.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked me.

After we left Lexie's, the Harry I know immediately came back except he still hasn't realized that he ignored me all day to talk to Danielle and apologized for the way he treated me. As much as I want to talk about how he treated me today I still just want to let it go. To be honest, I was getting jealous over nothing. He can be interested in any girl he wants. I can't control his decisions. If he wants to date her then I need to try to accept that.

Instead, I just nod and snuggle into him further on the couch as we watch Anchorman in his basement, a movie that we've seen over a billion times. When he asked me if I still wanted to spend the night at his house like we planned yesterday, I couldn't decline because not only did I not want to let my jealousy ruin our plans, I didn't want to be alone tonight even though my mom is home for once. Harry and I are aware that it's a school night but we still have sleepovers regardless.

His house is like my second home. I have extra clothes, toiletries, and the unused guest room is technically my room but I don't use it because Harry and I don't mind sharing his bed after doing that since we were 3 years old. While any other parent would make sure teenagers that are friends with the opposite gender always have adult supervision and forbid them to have sleepovers, our mothers on the other hand trust us because they seem to understand that boys and girls can be close friends without having sexual feelings for one another.

However, we still made a deal with them in keeping our bedroom doors open and letting them know if we're hanging out at each other's houses when they're not home. If they are, they'll check on us once and then let us be.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired," I said.

"Do you want to go to bed?" he questioned.

I nod and then we get up from the couch to go upstairs. Anne was the living room watching The Bachelor so we say goodnight to her before going up to the second floor to his bedroom. Just as he pushes his door open, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. Taking it out to see who it is, I sigh when I see that it's my mom and decide to answer. Either she wants me to come home or she's calling to tell me that she was called into work and won't see me until tomorrow.