• 𝐂hapter 42

For the next two months, Killian had lowered his guard, so much so that we survived living with each other splendidly

I started my new job, grateful to be getting out of the house and even more grateful to be back on my feet. Thankfully, things went well with my internship and I got to meet jay in person which was like a major accomplishment for me.

Killian, being the paranoid man he was, checked in on me at every chance he got, making sure I was okay and then sending me lunch because he didn't trust the cafe food. He even made me send selfies of me eating because he didn't trust that I did.

He'd given me a personal car from the fleet in his customized garage but with my closed-in work schedule, I didn't have the time to get a driver's license so he dropped me off at work every morning and picked me up every evening by six sharp.

He still didn't reveal much about himself but he was a good listener. One time, I'd made an offhand comment about not fitting into my old clothes anymore and he'd surprised me by taking me shopping the next day and filling my wardrobe with so many exotic clothes, enough to start up my own mall.

Living with him became much easier after that. Every Saturday, we visited grampa Edward and then face-timed Mary because she was so adamant about the progress of my child and sent me so much baby clothing even though we didn't know the sex of the child yet. 

Today, Friday, I was laying with my twenty-week-old pregnant belly on the exam table, anxiety eating me alive as the ultrasound tech inspected my stomach because last night, I had barely gotten any sleep due to the pains I felt.

"How's the pain like?" She asked me.

"It feels a bit like a sharp stabbing."

"In your lower abdomen?"

"Yes."

She smiled. "That is because your child is moving."

My eyes grew wider and I turned to steal a glance at Killian who sat beside me, having skipped work just so we could be here. "It's moving?"

She nodded. "Yes, many women experience some pain or discomfort when their baby moves. This is because its growing muscles are becoming stronger, making its movements more powerful and straining, and although continual wriggles and kicks can be distressing, they aren't usually a sign that something's wrong. In fact, your baby's movements may actually be a sign that it's doing well. Rest assured that all these sensations are perfectly normal. Luckily, this stage won't last long."

I felt relieved. "Is there anything I can do to curb the pain though?"

She nodded thoughtfully. "Lying on your side may help to relieve the pressure. Alternatively, try kneeling on all fours several times throughout the day for a few minutes at a time. This may encourage your baby to move freely with ease."

Killian passed me a look and I sent him a nasty glare. There was no way I was kneeling on all fours when he was anywhere near the house because this man took any opportunity he got to stick his dick in me.