28

You looked around at the decorated room with shock and terror, not believing what you had just done.

How could've you attacked your team? Your friends?

What kind of heartless monster would do such a thing?

You had training. You had skills. You had discipline. How did you make such a massive mistake?

"Well, I guess we found out why no one has ever thrown you a surprise party before (y/n)." Tony joked as he stepped out of his metal suit near the broken glass doors. "Do you usually try to barbecue your friends or...?"

He was cut off by Nat slapping him upside the head, glaring at him to shut up. It was clear you didn't mean to hurt Thor, or start attacking your friends. This was all just a misunderstanding.

"I..." you tried again, your voice shaking. "I didn't... Thor I am so so sorry." You apologized to him, feeling nauseous because of what you had just done.

      Loki looked over to his brother when you addressed him, still crouching down beside you, not moving from his spot. He knew his brother had a hot head. How Thor almost  always retaliated when he was wronged.

Thor studied you for a moment, your shocked expression and your guilty, worried, eyes. He took a deep breath to calm himself, the sparks disappearing from around his hammer. "There is nothing to apologize for Lady (y/n)." Thor assured you.

Loki let out a relived breath at Thor's reaction, but you weren't nearly as happy as he was. This mess was your fault. How come no one could see that?

"But I do need to apologize." You countered as you tried to stand, your body screaming at you to sit back down. Loki helped you to your feet, though his concerned expression said it all. Your fight with Thor must have been harder on your body than you realized.  "I hurt you. And I wrecked the party that you all spent so much time on to surprise me with. I should have known better... I..."

"We should have known better than to try and surprise you." Cap cut you off before you could spiral down even more. "We all live in a constant state of alertness. We should have taken into account that you do as well, even if you can hide it rather well."

Though what Cap was saying was true, you still felt terrible. "Let me make it up to you guys." You offered. "I can make some ointment that will help your burns Thor, then after I'll clean up the living room."

"There's no need for that Lady." Thor replied with as soft chuckle. "I will be perfectly fine. We gods heal faster than you mortals. That being said, there is nothing you can do that can truly injure me. You are such a petite little thing, it is laughable for you to even think it a possibly."

"And the room will be here tomorrow." Cap added. "We will hire someone to come clean it up in the morning."

You opened your mouth to argue but Nat cut you off. "We all should get going to bed anyways. Its been a long night for all of us." Your heart dropped at that. Hearing that your friends spent effort on your party just for you to ruin it. So you shut your mouth and looked down at you feet, furiously trying to hold back your tears that were burning behind your eyes. "Loki, why don't you escort (y/n) up to her room while we help the guests out of the tower?" Nat suggested kindly.

"It would be my pleasure." Loki smiled, offering you his arm.

You numbly took it, glancing a worried glance over the rest of the room as Loki led you to the elevators. You stumbled along, your body sore after being tossed around by Thor. "Meet us in (y/n)'s room Eclipse." Loki called to your dragon, who still had Nate backed up against the wall.