Twenty Six

Arden
•••

Allison had left moment ago, telling me to wait until the prince comes and gets me.

I concluded that I liked Allison. I don't know if it's because she's the only one I can talk to, but she's kind. Pure, would be the word I use for her.

"William." I hear Lily's voice boom. I hear shushes and mumbling. I stand up and go towards the door. "You will be escorting me."

   "I can't." He sounds annoyed. "My father expects me to escort Arden to dinner tonight. It would be weird if I show up with another girl on my arm, right after the engagement announcement."

   "Are you kidding me? The traitorous bitch over me?"

   My mouth drops at her words. Ok Lily, if that's how you want to play things. I open the door with a sickening smile. I notice Levi and Christian in the back. Levi, with a hand to his temple. Christian, with a hand over his mouth. Knowing him, covering a smile.

   "Well isn't it the dirty mistress sleeping with my husband." I say too sweetly. Christian hides his laugh with a cough.

   Lily's eyes flare, "You mean my boyfriend."

   "My husband." I cross my arms.

   "You guys aren't even married yet." She argues. My eyes flare. I can't argue with her on that.

   Instead, I turn my attention to the man of the hour. His eyes, haven't left Lily yet. "Are you going to escort me to dinner?" I ask.

   Lily huffs, but Levi interrupts before she can say something to escalate the situation. "Christian and I will escort you." She's about to refuses, when he continues. "Come now, you can't be late. The prince and his fiancée can." He emphasizes the words fiancée. She just huffs and storms off. The boys following her.

   Will, eyes still on her, sighs. "Why is she like this? You were never like this."

   "That's because there was never another woman involve."

   "There's not another woman involved now..." his words die as his gaze finally lands on me. He takes note of my attire, starting from my shoes all the way up to the earrings. "You wore them." He notes quietly.

   "I take my princes's suggestions as commands." I smirk. I like the way I effect him. I like the way his Adam's apple bobs, his body tenses. He says there's not another women involved, but his reaction speaks otherwise.

   His eyes light up, and a smirk rises on his face as well. "Good, it's good to know you know your place."

   My smirk instantly drops. Mischief fuels his eyes, and his smirk grows. He was just playing the game, playing the game and I lost. But I can play the second round.

   I place the slight curl on my lip once again, and take a step forward. "And where else in my place, my prince? Where would you like me?"

   More heat lights in his eyes, he wasn't going to back down. I wasn't either. I don't know what game exactly this is, I don't know the rules. I just know you win by making the other back down.

   He takes a step towards me this time, "I can think many places you would be suitable as my wife. On your knees, on your back, in my bed."

   He loses me when he mentions his bed, I take a step back. I could swear I see disappointment flash in his eyes. Did he want to play a little longer? Maybe I was imagining it in the first place.

   "The thought of you laying in my bed disgusts you so much?" More of a note than a question. His voice is back laced with a tint of bitterness.

   I forgot he could read my emotions again. "I hate when you go into my head."

   "I know, I can feel that. But not as much as you hate the thought of being in my bed." Flashes of him and Lily flood my mind. "There it is again. So sour."

   "I do not wish to share a bed that you share with Lily." I say, "Actually, thanks for bringing that up. I was hoping you could ask someone to make a room for me."

   He scoffs, "Of course not."

   "I will not be sleeping in a bed I know she has slept in." Anger seeps through my teeth.

  "You will be sleeping in my chambers and that's final." His voice's anger matches mine.

   "I will not be."

   "You will be." He shouts, an order. Not by Will, but by the prince. "You are my wife..."

   I cut off his words, "I am not your wife." I repeat Lily's words from before. "We are not married."

   He takes a breath, and lowers his voice. "You will be my wife. You will sleep in my chambers. That is what is expected from my father, our king, and I will not go against his command." Even though his voice is quieter, it is still as threatening and cold. "Do you understand?"

   "Yes," I breath out. "My prince." I curtesy before walking off.
•••