Chapter 30: Scaring up the town

The three monsters were taken to the human realm. Reggie stood on his own feet, the others not so much. Riley had landed face first into the ground and Tara had landed sideways on top of them. "Are you two alright?" Reggie asked as he helped his friends up. "Yep. We're all good, I think." Riley grunted. Tara stood up and shook the dirt off, "We're all good dear. Did not expect this world to be so bright." Reggie smiled, "Yeah, it's definitely a lighter world." He led the pair over to the town. Tara was surprised by how quaint it was, and Riley was drooling over the smell of food.

"Why are people starin at us strangely?" Riley asked. "If I were to guess my dear rat friend. It's probably because they've never seen anyone like us." Tara answered. "Monsters like us." They continued to walk and get odd looks from the townspeople. "Papa, what is that thing?" a small child asked as they pointed to the large rat. "I don't know dear, let's go inside." the man whispered before he took his kid back to their house. "Reggie, I feel as though we aren't wanted here." Tara expressed. Reggie looked around, his shoulders dropped slightly, "I didn't think they would be afraid." He said quietly. Tara looked around, she stopped "Where's Riley?" She asked in a worried voice, as she turned to look for them. Reggie frantically looked around, "They couldn't have gone far." He said. "RAT!" They heard a man scream; it was followed by the sound of people running in fright. "They're in the town square." Reggie stated as he sprinted, with Tara galloping behind him.