Chapter 23 - Under Attack

let's pretend i didn't totally disappear-

anyways guys I'm stressing cuz I was reading through my book and when I originally started this book I was like 'it's going to be a slow burn' BUT IT HASNT BEEN AND LIKE UGH. I'm disappointed in myself. so now I'm asking you guys - should I slow down their relationship or not? it's hard tho cuz I'm just as excited as you guys 😭😩

anyways PLS HELP but for now...

enjoy xo

(Bold and italic = flashback)

I fucked up. I shouldn't have done that.

It's just that when that bottle landed on me, I saw it as a chance. A chance to finally figure out what the fuck I'm feeling for this girl.

this girl that only walked into my life about a month ago. this girl with a smile that can brighten up a room. this girl with certain honey, brown eyes that scream 'exhaustion' and 'brokenness'.

Leandro, you're in deep and you hardly know the girl.

"fuck"

I pull away from her forehead not being able to hold the eye contact. my wall building back up, my cold demeanour returning.

I make eye contact with Matteo who's silently sitting in the corner, an unreadable expression on his face watching the scene in front of him unfold.

mierda.
(shit)

I forgot everyone was watching us.

Before I can make any movement to fucking scram, two gunshots echo through the house.

it's like time stops. the house goes quiet before screams and more gunshots fill my ears.

My head snaps straight to Natalia, my body filling with an unknown emotion. Watching her, I see her head doing the same.

Then it hits me.

Americans.

They're after her. They're here for her.

oh, for the mother of fuck ducks.

i think Nat may be rubbing off on you.

ignoring the voice in my head i see something flash through her eyes, something that never would i have expected Natalia Romano to show.

fear.

Like she's scared?

what?

She's quick to hide it and immediately I'm snapped out of my trance, pushing all my questions to the side. My hand finds my gun in my waistband and I look up to see Natalia pulling out daggers from her upper thigh.

A smirk forms on my lips at the thought of her always having knives on her.

Leandro. bro. dude. my man. i love that your daydreaming about a girl and her knives but your like... kind of under attack.