Part 57

"I told you to run."

-----------------------------------------------------------

For a second Izuku thought it had started raining when he heard the pitter patter of water, thank heavens for that, the fire would be put out or lessened atleast. 

A moment later he realised they were the sound of Kota's tears hitting the dry ground.

The fire was still raging.

Villains were still attacking his teachers and classmates.

And poor Kota was looking straight at the person who took his parents away from him.

Couldn't get any worse, right?

Wrong.

Izuku's hip had started to sting from being thrown at the ground and he couldn't check on it to see whether the stitches were alright or not.

He moved so he was standing in front of Kota, shielding him from Muscular. The villain didn't pull the dagger out from his neck and that was something Izuku caught onto immediately.

"Y-you...you killed my mumma and-"

"I've killed a lot of people little boy, gonna have to be specific." Muscular snarled as he activated his quirk, muscle fibres literally wrapping around his arms and chest, ripping the large coat he was wearing.

Kota let out a strained sob at the villain's words and his crying increased. Izuku took a ready stance to protect the kid, according to him the best thing to do was distract Muscular while Kota bolted but he wasn't in the state to listen, the kid was too shocked to do anything more than crying.

"Kota, listen. Listen to me." Izuku firmly said. "I need you to run and hide as soon as I say, you need to leave-"

Muscular threw his fist at Izuku who grabbed Kota and tumbled out of the way but now it was much worse, they were closer to the edge after dodging the hit and farther from the path to camp.

Izuku took a breath and ran at Muscular, leaping into the air and running his second dagger through a bunch of muscle fibres on the villain's shoulder only for more to wrap around the wound.

"Fuck." Izuku landed behind Muscular and ran at him again, pulling out the butterfly knife from where it was hidden.

The truth is, Izuku didn't win against Muscular the last time he encountered him. He tried his best to beat him but in the end Izuku had to run away with a severely bruised back and a close to broken arm.

Muscular thought Izuku fled because of the approaching police cars but it was because he knew he couldn't beat the villain.

He spun the black blade in his hand and ran at Muscular again, aiming for the one real eye on his face to blind him and get some sort of advantage but it only grazed his right eyebrow before Izuku was thrown back in the direction he came from.

Izuku huffed and held his right side, that throw definitely strained the thread keeping his wound closed. It was healing well but not well enough.

Could he make it to Aizawa?

He decided to take the chance and picked up another rock, he threw it at Muscular's face but he dodged. The villain smirked as he turned back to Izuku only to feel a blade slice the right side of his face, grazing his one good eye.

Muscular fell back and screamed as warm blood dripped down his face, stumbling to the mountain side to hold his wound.

Izuku wasted absolutely no time. He grabbed Kota and ran to camp, keeping the little boy's head tucked into his neck and his body as close as it would get to his chest. Weaving through the trees and screaming at the top of his lungs.