Chapter 36 - lost in his eyes

Aya

When everyone was telling me about the heat back in Abuja, I didn't take them seriously, I just thought they were exaggerating and taking it too far because it seemed like there's no way people would be able to live like that, but when I came back and met it, it was even worse than they explained.

Ya subhanallah it was HOT!

Even the cold water in the bathroom was warm, and the ACs weren't helping as they were supposed to considering the fact that there was absolutely NO power supply. It was a total blackout in the whole of Abuja, and honestly, had it been that we didn't have solar panels and a generator, we would've melted like butter a long time ago.

Yes!

Sadly, holiday phase was over and we were finally back home. It was indeed a memorable three months which I will continue to cherish for as long as I live. Especially our Dubai moments Because Dubai gave me a combination of all the vibes I felt in Maldives and Paris at the same time.

We spent most of the first week just chilling at home and sort of contemplating wether to move there permanently or not. We were basically just bed potatoes, and then later we went into adventure mode, which started with horse riding. No doubt that Dubai is known for Arabian horses, which have been exported to the world since time immemorial. So we thought 'why not ride the majestic beasts in their land itself?' And I think that might be the best decision I ever made because A horse ride in the desert with the sand guzzling behind and cutting through the wind really worked up that adrenaline inside me. It was kinda scary because The horses were bigger than the ones I was used to seeing, but nevertheless it was a magical experience.

Then the next day, we discovered the magic of the dragons. Witnessing Franco Dragone's masterpiece at La Perle was absolutely fascinating. A scintillating performance filled with vibrant colors, glittering costumes, hypnotic dances and acrobatics, and stimulating music, it is honestly an experience that nobody would ever want to miss! Franco Dragone is known for his work with Cirque du Soleil, so be brought that mastery to Dubai with the aerial stunts, aquatic effects, and futuristic ambiance. That magical performance had me glued to my seat for its 90-minute duration, but Hafeez was not as excited as I was because he was sleepy, and he can be a total party popper whenever he's sleepy.

We also went on a hot air ballon ride, took a tour of the city in a helicopter, desert safari, spent a day at burj Khalifa, had a meal 50 meters above the sky, went shopping till we dropped, And last but not least, my favorite part about the entire trip; our visit to the miracle garden.

When you hear the word "garden", you're already thinking of the season of spring and a peaceful place painted with a thousand colors, cooing pigeons, butterflies merrily flapping their bright wings, daisies and daffodils peeping through the grass, and a wide blue sky above, magnifying the richness of colours, And you know what? I'm not making all that up, the miracle garden is just like that! With over 45 million flowers on display. The most amazing thing about that beautiful garden is that its floral structures are changed each season to ensure visitors get a different experience each time they pay a visit. The biggest highlight for me though was a life-size model of the Emirates Airbus A380. I learned that The plants and flowers used for the plane were sustainability harvested and grown in more than 4 months at the Dubai Miracle Garden nurseries and It took about 200 crew members and 180 days to build it.

If I could, I would honestly go to Dubai every year. Yes I know I've said that about all three places I went to but it's really not my fault, the experience is just legendary and one can never ever get tired of or fed up with it.