xxxvii. Collapse

무너짐

무너짐

MINA INHALED DEEPLY as she sat in a small café, still catching her breath from when she landed in the nearby alley not even three minutes before, where she had transformed out of her suit. Underneath, she had been wearing a short, floral dress that hugged at her waist. She assumed it was the perfect attire for a date; if that's what she could call this.

Yunho had asked her out for some coffee, something she was baffled by due to the fact that one; high school boys apparently have a liking for coffee, and two; Yunho, one of the most handsome boys she'd ever seen had asked her out.

She assumed, naturally, that it was a date, considering how close they had been since they'd met, and the way Yunho would occasionally flirt with her in the hallways. It made her heart unexpectedly rush, and for the first time in a while, Jungkook wasn't lingering in her mind like a pesky mosquito, buzzing in and out of it.

The ring of the bells above the front door made her glance toward the entrance, seeing Yunho, a cute cardigan around his broad figure with his black hair neatly styled, as usual. Her heart raced when his eyes met hers, and the smile he sent her had her reeling as he made his way to their table.

"Minnie, you look beautiful, as always," he said casually with a chuckle. There was always something about Yunho that Mina found so endearing, his confidence in the way he spoke to her, ever so gracefully and naturally. There was never a dull moment with him.

"You look handsome, as always," Mina smiled back in an attempt to return the compliment, only resulting in her cheeks turning a bright pink at the way Yunho smiled at her.

They spent the next half hour talking about themselves over a few cups of coffee, the sun well set on that Sunday night. She was supposed to be in her room, sleeping soundly, and she was very glad that she was there, with Yunho instead.

That was until an eerie feeling sent shivers up Mina's spine, the dreading reminder of something dark lurking around her making her look out the ceiling-to-floor window beside her. The hairs on the back of her neck were raising as she scanned around the city street outside, watching as people walked by as usual. There didn't seem to be a villain.

Suddenly, Mina's sharp eyes spotted a moving, dark figure on the rooftop of the building across the street, swiftly running across it with a familiar figure following close behind. Firedrake.

There is a villain... Mina thought in her head.

"Minnie? Everything okay?" Yunho raised her eyebrows at her, concerned, as he noticed her blank expression. She looked up at him, her eyes wide as a million thoughts ran through her head.

I should help Firedrake, she debated. But I can't leave Yunho here.

Then came the plaguing decision Mina never wanted to make. Was she going to ditch him to fulfill her duty as a superhero? Or was she going to be selfish and stay with him? Either way, she was going to feel absolutely horrible.