Chapter 39: Lizbeth

It had already been a few days since Del went into the training grounds.

Meanwhile, Duke Calex had not been frequently seeing the duchess as well due to work-related matters and other outside businesses.

On the other hand, the duchess, Atallie, was also busy on her own affairs. Most of the time, she spent her days in leisure while reading and tending to her greenhouse.

However, today seemed to be a different day.

The estate was about to receive someone.

More like, Atallie was going to welcome someone.

"Madame, the carriage has just arrived," Lila informed.

Atallie gazed outside towards the direction of the main entrance. Greta was standing beside her, carefully pouring a cup of her favorite tea.

"Tell Leonor to immediately escort the lady," Atallie instructed.

"Understood, Madame," Lila responded. She nodded at Gina who was at the door. Then, Gina went out to inform Leonor.

After just a few minutes, Gina went back together with Leonor and the lady.

Gina went in first to inform Atallie, before she opened the door for Leonor and the lady.

Leonor stepped in as she announced, "Your Grace, Lady Lizbeth Doris is here."

Atallie lifted her cold yet sharp amber eyes towards the direction of the door.

She remained as calm and quiet as always, bearing the air of elegance and gracefulness around her. She was not exceptionally beautiful like most of the well-known flowers and butterflies in high society, but her astounding charm and demeanor was something more than beautiful that only she could own up to.

With her back elegantly straight, head held high and platinum wavy hair that was neatly yet alluringly styled in an updo with few strands of her hair was left dangling on both sides of her entrancing charming face, and warm afternoon sun that brightened up her entire surrounding, Atallie's appearance seemed to came straight from a classical painting made by a great master.

And this was what the newly arrived lady saw when she stepped into the room.

The lady named Lizbeth Doris, from the small and unknown House of Doris headed by a count, was stunned and surprised. She didn't expect to see such a stunning scene and picturesque of the duchess once she arrived.

Atallie knew that Lady Lizbeth might have been surprised, thus to remind her of the current situation, Atallie looked at Leonor.

Leonor was prompted to be the one to remind the lady.

"Lady Lizbeth, you are now in the presence of Her Grace The Duchess of Kargaz, Atallie Ygravet - Tygart," Leonor kindly reminded.

Lizbeth, upon hearing what Leonor just said was a bit flustered. She realized how rude her action was.

"I sincerely apologize, Your Grace," Lizbeth hastily said.

With an awkward smile on her face, she bent her knees and bowed her head in a curtsy.

"Greetings, Your Grace. This humble one is Lizbeth Doris from the small House of Doris. I am deeply delighted to have met your esteemed one. It is truly a pleasure to have met, Your Grace," Lizbeth said with a stiff tone. One could tell that her words and actions were not fluid enough to be convincing that she was truly happy at the moment.

"Lizbeth Doris?" Atallie asked.

"Yes, Your Grace," Lizbeth answered.

Atallie stood from her seat and walked towards Lizbeth.