17

The woman stared incredulously at the young man who stood before her. His face was like a crown of jade, his smile like the spring breeze, but the smile didn't touch his eyes.

The young man's eyes were pitch-black. Where he stood he blocked out the light, and his eyes were as deep as an impenetrable abyss.

Fear crawled up her spine as she realized this young man meant what he said and he really would carry out his threat.

How could he be so bold?! In front of the emperor himself, he didn't conceal his desire to monopolize his man? Since ancient times, how many emperors tolerated this temperament in the person who shared their pillow? Wasn't he afraid the emperor would come to hate him?

With her last bit of hope, the woman looked at the emperor standing behind the young man. Then her heart sank little by little.

No wonder, no wonder Shen Yu was so unscrupulous. It turned out his behavior was condoned.

"Why don't you speak? Are you unhappy with my proposal?"

When Shen Yu said these words, the woman's face went even paler. She forced back her fear and said in a trembling voice, "This concubine dares not."

"I think you dare very much." Shen Yu narrowed his eyes slightly, scrutinizing the woman who knelt on the ground.

A pair of delicate and moving eyes, a face like hibiscus in clear water. She had not only the purity of a girl but the charm of a mature woman. There was no wonder she had such thoughts when she was only in her twenties.

"What happened to Ling Meimei? Why don't I see her?"

"She seems to have gone that way just now. Why don't we go and have a look?" a woman called out as she walked, and her voice gradually approached.

Shen Yu turned his head to look at Shang JunLin. Seeing his nod, he knew their target was among this group of people.

Shen Yu moved slightly to the side. When the women arrived, they immediately saw the tall, straight figure of Shang JunLin.

They were stunned, but there was no time to think about how the emperor suddenly appeared here. They quickly knelt in salute.

The ones who had little thoughts in their minds did their best to show their advantages as they knelt.

Shen Yu silently surveyed these people and took in their movements one by one. Finally his gaze fell on one not especially remarkable woman.

Compared with the others, she didn't especially stand out, though she was attractive. Her light blue aoqun was inconspicuous among the crowd of other charming beauties.

Lin ZhiLan, the woman who was involved in the case of Imperial Censor Zhang.

Today Shang JunLin's attitude wasn't the same as normal. He was still cold, but he didn't give off the overwhelming feeling that strangers weren't allowed to approach. The ladies who were more daring couldn't help but want to fight for their chance.

Looking at the young emperor who was almost surrounded by a cluster of beauties, the ink-black color in Shen Yu's eyes slowly darkened.

The woman kneeling on the ground looked at the scene in front of her with fear. Just now she "accidentally" ran into the emperor and was almost killed by Shen Yu. And right now so many women were paying court to the emperor....

The woman couldn't help regretting everything. If she'd known Shen Yu was so crazy, she never would have acted so recklessly.

"Your Majesty is so popular." A slightly teasing voice rang out.