Chapter 13: "... I'm at Joy's."

"Holy-," I cursed under my breath as Joy's house was in the view. I was fascinated by how beautiful her mansion was. Even if I already know what's inside her house, I've never seen it outside her home. Also, the distance from the gate to the house is a bit far. After chatting on the pier, we returned to Cain's house to pick up Joy's car and headed straight for Joy's house. Luckily I didn't run into Lydia on the way. I drove around the fountain and stopped behind Joy's car as she parked.

"You were not kidding about being rich," I said, even though I knew it before. Then the door opened by a grey-bearded guy, and his hair was also grey like it's normal for his age.

"Why should I even lie-"

"It's almost past midnight, Joy. I was getting worried," the guy said, and when he noticed my presence, he looked carefully at me and raised an eyebrow to Joy, "oh, I see you have brought a guest."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Claude, this is my butler, Benson. Ben, this is my friend, Claude," Joy said and pointed at the two of us.

"Nice to meet you, sir,"  I said as I shook the guy's hand.

"Nice you meet you too, Claude. You can call me Ben," Ben said as he let go of my hand.

"He's staying for the night, Ben. Can you please park her car too?" Joy said as she gave her car key.

"As you wish. I'll call Gordon for help," Ben said, and I gave him my car keys. Wait, Gordon? His name is somewhat familiar... That's right! Isn't that the bodyguard who takes care of Joy's cat? I hope it is, "anyway, is your friend will be sleeping with you or-"

"The guest room. She'll be sleeping in the guest room," Joy answered before Ben could finish his sentence.

"Seriously, answer faster," I deadpanned, "I was looking forward to seeing your room, by the way," I said because I wanted to see her room with my own naked eyes.

"Oh no, you're not," Joy raises her finger at me, "Be grateful to have been invited to Joy's residence whose life is kept a secret from anyone."

"Is that even an achievement?" I asked.

"It is," Joy said as she entered the house.

"I should put it in my CV then," I said sarcastically. I look over to Ben, "is she always been like this?"

Been smiled at me and shook his head, "not really. She never brings anyone to the house before. This should be interesting."

I nod in agreement. I was surprised to hear from her butler that she's not this talkative. I'm sure she talked a lot in school, she is right?

"Chop chop! Harris, we don't have all day," Joy said from inside. I paid Benson goodbye and followed Joy inside. It's even beautiful to see it in person. We pass the dining room on my way to the circular stairs. It's exactly like I saw that day in the memory: the same fireplace, the same dining table, and the same family picture.

"Nice family picture," I said to Joy. She looked back and checked the family picture that I mentioned. The looks of her father's face in the picture looked more happily with her wife's hand on his shoulders. Speaking of her dad, is he here?

Her face instantly changed, "yeah, thanks," she said sadly. As we reached the second floor, there were two doors next to each other, "The door on my right is my room, and the door on your left is your room."

"Thanks, and by the way, where's your dad?" I asked.

Joy scratched the back of her neck, "He has a business meeting overseas. He's rarely home anyway, don't worry about bumping into him."