Darkness Rising: Pt.5

(A/N: None of the images used are mine. Also, please watch 'Transformers Prime' before you continue reading this story.)

The atmosphere grew thick and pallid as Megatron stood above his younger sibling, the tip of his blade piercing through their back and protruding out from their chest plate. The ancient tyrant cackled victoriously as he clutched the back of Galvatron's neck, his claws imbedding themselves into their rusted frame and drawing fresh energon.

With a powerful swing of his arm, Megatron threw Galvatron across the top of the space bridge. The Mech's body smashed into the alloy flooring with a dramatic clash, sparks spewing out with immense vibrancy. The Decepticon Warlord smirked confidently to himself as he approached the mangled form of his brother, who now lay mere feet away from his Autobot partner.

Galvatron slowly lifted his optics towards Arcee, who's body lay beside the main switch of the spacebridge flow mechanism. A look of pain and grief overtook the Mech's optics as he sighed in defeat, unable to muster the strength necessary to continue facing his older sibling. Noticing his struggle, Megatron cackled once more before berating the ex-gladiator.

Megatron: "You know, even after that last attack, I'd expected you to continue fighting. It seems I expected too much from you."

Galvatron: "...*Growl*"

Megatron: "Hahaha! What's that, brother? I can't quite hear you!"

The tyrant didn't wait for a response as he began approaching Galvatron. Upon reaching his brother's limp form, Megatron kicked him once in the gut which was swiftly followed up with a heavy stomp against the younger Mech's dome. Galvatron bared his teeth in an attempt to hold back the screech of pain, choosing to at least offline with some shred of dignity.

Megatron ignored this -however- and continued beating him senselessly for another three minutes, eventually growing bored of Galvatron's overbearing silence. The Decepticon Leader began scanning the area in search of something to entice his brother into at least fighting back.

It was at that moment, through the thick purple smog of the battlefield, that Megatron found the mangled form of Arcee still laying beside the switch. It seemed the Femme had gone into an emergency power down in order to conserve energon, preventing her from escaping the spacebridge and returning to the Autobots.

A look of realisation edged itself into Megatron's face plates as he continue eyeing Arcee's form, the Mech eventually looking back towards Galvatron and staring into his dimmed optics. Galvatron offered a confused look towards his older sibling, seemingly lost as to what he could possibly be planning next.

However, upon noticing Megatron sneaking glances between himself and his blue-coloured partner, Galvatron's mood quickly changed from unrelenting anger to utter horror; Arcee couldn't possibly fight back against Megatron of all Decepticons, especially in that state! The Mech shook under his brother's gaze and moved upwards.

Megatron: "Ah, so you've finally noticed her have you?"

Galvatron: "If you t-touch her, I'll--!"

A sudden gut punch from Megatron immediately shut the ex-gladiator up, a clump of energon pouring out from his mouth; It seemed that stab from Megatron was FAR worse than he'd initially feared, and considering his previous condition, that didn't mean anything good in the foreseeable future.

Megatron: "You'll what? Offline me?"

Galvatron desperately reached out to grab Megatron's leg, hoping to keep him away from the two-wheeler, but the tyrant easily kicked him aside and began approaching Arcee from the other side of the spacebridge. Out of the corner of his optic, Galvatron noticed the rest of Team Prime finally arrive to stop Megatron, but the Decepticon Warlord easily smacked them aside and continued walking.