CHAPTER -5

Peace

We arrived at the hotel after what looked like twenty minutes from the community hall and the hotel was desolate as usual,not even a single soul was around wel except for the receptionist.
"Why is this hotel so empty?Do you own the place?",I asked out of curiosity.

"Dad owns it and obviously nobody would want a stay in Alexander Russo's place",he said it with a smirk.

"Oh.I don't have the keys to my room,they are with Leah.I'm just gonna ask spare keys at the reception,can you give me a sec?"

"You wouldn't need that because you are staying with me until Leah comes back",he said as he caught hold of my wrist.

As soon as we entered his room,he slouched on the couch and may be he was trying to take a nap.I cleaned myself and then changed into a t shirt and shorts that I had to borrow from Edward and he didn't mind at all.

"Are you hungry? Should I order something for us?",he said when he woke up from his nap.

"Yeah",I nodded.

For once,we were being a little civil and may be it was because he is sad at the moment.He didn't try to annoy or trouble me and nor did he threaten me.My thoughts went back home,my mother would be growing crazy and her health must be getting worse.I pictured her sitting on a bench in police station filing my missing report.Stefan,I hadn't spoken to him the day I was taken.He would be worried too.I miss him so much and I hope he is doing well with his tour and interviews.He wanted me there because his anxiety gets worst when he is performing in front of the crowd and I'm here having no idea what is happening with him.I was zoned out for a while and lost in my memories when I heard the bell ring and the food arrived.I lost my appetite,the mere thought of my mother visiting the police every day,made me want to puke and I started to cry.

"What's wrong,come and eat",he said bluntly.

"You ask me what's wrong?My family would be so worried about me, visiting the police everyday to find me.My mom is old and she has a heart condition,I don't know how she is doing and there is no one look after her.Stefan is out performing,he wanted me there but I'm stuck here and you ask me what's wrong",I broke down at this point.

"As soon as we find Radhika,you can go.I have nothing to do with you",he said coldly.

"Why are you after her?What does she know that you wanna know?"

"She has something that is important to me and she doesn't want to give it to me."

"What is it?"

"Some kind of evidence against someone..... and that's it,I'm not answering your bullshit anymore",he shut me off and grabbed his pizza.

"Edward,can you somehow make sure my mom is alright?I promise,I won't trouble you anymore till you find Radhika and I will help you with whatever information I have.Can you please make sure that my mom is healthy?",I begged of him.I was never this vulnerable in front of him....I already knew that he was never going to help me,he is a monster after all,yet I wanted to give it a shot because that was all I could do.

"Stop joking.I know that you know nothing about Radhika,you can't help me with that"he said taking a sip from his bottle.
"You don't have to worry about your mom,she is doing fine",he said ina nonchalant tone.

"How do you know?"

"Kidnapping is not my job but I'm not stupid,I didn't want to make it look like a kidnap and so I left a note that said that you would be working in a remote place for a few months and due to network issues you might not be able to contact her and so I guess she should be fine."

"What? Really?You left a note for her?",I couldn't believe him.

"I did",he nodded.

"Thankgod. You have no idea how relieved I'm feeling right now.I was so worried and all of a sudden I had this bad dream about her and.....

"She is okay.Come eat now",he cut me.
"I'm sure your mom would want you to eat", he smirked.

"Yeahh right",I smiled at him wiping my tears.

"You are unusually quiet today",I spoke as I took a bit of my pizza.

"Why you want me to start again?"

"I'm just asking you and don't have to come back at me everytime",I rolled my eyes.

"Don't do that",he frowned.

"What?"

"Don't roll your eyes at me",his green gaze was intense as it held mine and I took my time noticing his green irises.

"When is Leah coming back? I wanna get the hell out of this room",I spoke after sometime.

"Who knows? We are leaving this place tomorrow anyway",he said as he switched on the television.

"Where are we going?"

"Up north.I got a lead on Radhika and it said that she might be stuck in the north...I don't know exactly where but I need to start looking",he said flickering the television channels.

"That means if you somehow find her and take the evidence from her,I get my freedom?"

"Pretty much", he shrugged his shoulders.

.........

My mom was alright,she probably thinks I'm in some run down village with no network and I would be free once Edward finds Radhika.I was starting to feel hopeful and fine.Until yesterday,I felt as if I was in danger,like these people were going to harm me,but as he said he has got nothing to do with me and he would let me free if he found Radhika and I was now friends with Leah too,she made me feel better,a little less lonely and so at the moment,I was at peace.My mind was at a better place, knowing that someday he would let me go and my mom is fine,I was laughing even watching the show FRIENDS on the television.
It looked as if Edward was really enjoying the show because he wouldn't stop laughing and so was I.
May be he was feeling better too.

"Who is your favourite among them?",he asked me out of the blue and I was taken aback for a second.The question was genuine because he wasn't even looking at me when he said it,he was smiling at the TV screen like an idiot.

"Joey",I replied.

"Well,mine is Chandler",he said shrugging his shoulder.

"Oh,I guess that is where all your wisdom comes from".

"Chandler is the most relatable, isn't he?"he asked.

"Yeah he is",I agreed with him.
...........................

.

Aren't they growing cute??