Krel

Author's note:

Hey y'all! So sorry for not updating. I lost the password to my wattpad account and finally figured it out again lmaoooo

So, I'm gonna finish updating this fic here! The full thing is on AO3, but I figured I should finish it here too.

"Easy now," Mother said, hovering over Krel's shoulder. He was holding Andy's new life core gingerly in two of his hands, taking it to her comatose form. This would be the tipping point in whether she would make it or not, and Krel was scared out of his mind.

"Quiet Mother, you're distracting me!" he hissed, padding across the floor to Andy's pod. Aja, Vex, Steve, Luug, and the Blanks were all there, watching Krel do this. It was extremely stressful, especially with an audience like that.

"The moment of truth," Aja murmured as Krel reached the pod, holding Steve's hand.

"This part is going to be awkward," Mother said. "You're going to have to put it inside her chest."

Krel grimaced. He was going to have to put his arms inside- he was going to stop there before he threw up. That may be his girlfriend in there, but biology still grossed him out enough to make it not enough.

He took a deep breath, and slowly lowered his hand with the core into the pod, hands moving through the thick, jellylike fluid until they reached her chest cavity. He grimaced again, and found an open spot in the middle of her chest, the perfect space for an Akridion life core. He stuck his hand down inside it with the core, trying not to look. He positioned it, ignoring the disgust he was feeling at touching living flesh, real inside flesh, and pulled his hands away.

What happened next almost made him cry out.

Her entire form just... seized. The lights in the room flickered, and her vitals began to fluctuate wildly.

"MOTHER!" he yelled. "What is going on!?"

"Her body is reacting to the core in a way that I thought might happen, but hoped would not," she responded. "Her biology does not know how to cope with the energy invading its system. Additionally, it is working on restarting her heart so it no longer beats with the energy from the king and queen."

The whole pod filled with light, and all the parts of Andy that were injured or missing glowed fiercely for a split second, before fading back to normal. Her vitals evened out, and Krel's core stopped burning in fear as much as it had been.

"It looks like she is going to be alright," said Varvatos, his tone full of relief. "Thank Seklos."

Krel looked down into the pod again, noticing that parts of her body that were missing flickered with a blue pixelated light. He put his hands on the surface of the pod and sighed. Vex and Aja put their hands on his shoulder, looking down at Andy's unconscious form.

"I think she is going to be okay, little brother," Aja said, smiling at him.

He reached up with one of his hands and patted her own where it connected with his shoulder in a grateful manner.

"Yes, Andy is a strong and resilient warrior," Varvatos said, puffing his chest. "Varvatos knows she will make a full recovery."

Krel hoped so.

"My Royal," said Mother, hologram popping up over his shoulder while he worked on repairing Andy's serrator. It had been largely destroyed when Zeron Alpha had... well... you know. 

"Not now, Mother, I am working," he said, attempting to wave her away.

"I think that this will be of some interest to you, My Royal," she persisted.