Chapter 27: Moments In Time

The next morning, F/N prepared breakfast for both him and Milim. At first, F/N was a little apprehensive eating alone with her without anything casual to talk about, that was until he had to enter her room and drag her out of bed to wash her face. After that, she brought up the first topic, becoming a Demon Lord, but F/N wasn't biting.

"Not interested. Don't forget to eat your veggies," F/N pointed his spoon to her untouched soup.

"Ehh," She looked sickly into the bowl, "These are definitely carrots. I don't want it, carrots smell and taste disgusting!"

"Try one, or I won't make any deserts later," F/N casually gave the Demon Lord an ultimatum.

"Fine," Milim agreed, with reservations. Slowly, she took her fork and brought one of the carrots from the soup, slowly she opened her mouth to eat it and not a second later was excited by the taste. "It's delicious! Is this really a carrot? I could eat a bunch of these!"

"Yep," F/N answered as he continued to eat, "It's the most common breakfast here, I'm sure Rimuru and the others are eating it now."

"I knew staying here was the right choice!" Milim then proceeded to consume the entire bowl of veggies.

"Speaking of, while you're here you will need a change of clothes. How about we stop by the textile shop this morning?" F/N suggested.

Milim was up for it and it was also for some modesty, given that Milim's current clothes were borderline nothing. Yes, she may be a Demon Lord and can dress however she likes, F/N figured he should try and serve as a good influence, and perhaps that goodness would make her more reasonable and useful. Useful being the keyword.

After eating breakfast, the two walked done the busy morning streets of the city together, greeted by the people. Inside the shop, Shuna greeted them both. Milim's attention, however, quickly transferred to the clothes hanging on the rack. A sparkle entered both of her eyes as she began looking through the dresses. Shuna offered to take care of Milim for a short time, but F/N declined and stayed.

"What do you think?! What do you think?!" Milim excitingly asked as she quickly exited the changing room with a new outfit on, a white summer dress.

"It's cute," F/N nodded, "It's really cute."

Milim grabbed another outfit and returned to the changing room. Meanwhile, Rimuru was making his morning rounds, stopping by Kaijin and Kurobe's workshop before going to the research facility in the unsealed cave that once housed Veldora. Inviting Kaijin wasn't only a pleasantry, but had to do with the person working in the facility, Vesta. The former minister responsible for exiling Rimuru and the dwarf brothers.

Before Milim had arrived, King Gazel returned with a 'gift' in tow, Vesta. Surprisingly, he went on an apologizing spree and didn't stop for an entire hour even after King Gazel left. According to Rimuru, he had become a different person who settled in well at the cave where he researched, meanwhile Gabiru and his people worked to grow the medicinal plants being studied. Though he only got started recently, Vesta worked day in and out to make a potion like the ones Rimuru made.

After confirming that he was doing well, Rimuru left Kaijin with Vesta and returned to the city to find F/N and Milim, who were walking around, letting Milim show off her new dress. Then Gobta happened to cross their paths and commented on her previous outfit. He would live to regret that.

Gobta's words were, "Lord Milim is looking good in those clothes! Last time you had on that outfit meant for more voluptuous women!" Right before Milim hit him in his face, F/N catch her attack, breaking his wrist. "Th-Thank you Lord-"

This made F/N extremely angry as things were going well with Milim, "Gobta. A thousand laps around the city. Twilight Wolves, make sure he does them all."